pic of me on my 1976 schwinn stingray and george barris

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this was taken when george barris came to our shop and did an autograph signing. the bum on the stingray is none other than myself. oh yea and at this moment we are riding the wrong way on a busy 3 lane street that was not closed :shock:

Barris20167.jpg

WOW!
What an experience! He is The God of Rod
...and Jim Potter as well...

I scored a Few Magazines at a Garage sale
from the late 50's...early 60's with his stuff and his "How Too's"

My Dad has been a Journeyman Automotive Painter / Bodyman
for over 40 Years....needless to say that Cutting up Cars
was never a Crime in our house!
here's some Picks outa my Mags..

I envy you Karfer....I hope you got a chance to shake his hand!
peace,

OldBooks0003-1.jpg

OldBooks0007-1.jpg

and here is a Picture of Me in 1978 sitting on the hood
of my Dad's Custom 69 Chev Pick-up.Chopped..droped
and heavily modified.
Look! my clothes are back in style.

30a99487.jpg

kevandsarah0003.jpg

kevandsarah0004.jpg

thanks again for showin that Karfer,
peace,

I have always wanted to meet George Barris. I got the newest book about him. He use to also customize muscle bikes!!

you are right back in the late 60's and early 70's he did a bunch of design work for iverson and designed one of the earliest metal mag wheels for a bike. there were even a few models that had "designed by george barris on them." if you to to barrisbilt.com and look at the videos you will find the first 15 min of his visit that they video taped. i was so nervious and it is super obvious when they do the part with me in it see if you can guess who i am lol. the bike i am working on in the video is a rare huffy "cheater slick". when you go there look for the college cyclery visit link.

wow clothespin those are very cool. does it say in that photo where that shop was? and your dad's truck is sweet i love kustom cars true art on wheels.

actually (and i did not know this) he started building cars in sacramento and originally had a shop here first then moved to socal.

Latest posts

Back