1. We will be upgrading the forum software on Monday evening. During this time the forum may be down for several hours. Thanks for your patience while we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Pimp my 'Slater'

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 14 - CLASS 1 - BUILD JOURNALS' started by ClarenceB, Sep 9, 2019.

1. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

Bling! That is a pile of chrome! That SA thumb shifter is pretty

2. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

I tend to agree that this build thread misses the spirit of the build off. There was less than two hours before the first pic was posted. Also no real work is shown in the thread. It's pretty much, Here is some parts I started with and Here is the finished bike. Technically this is probably borderline within the rules, but it is not what the Rat Rod Bikes Build Offs are like.

With that said, there is no question that it's a cool bike. ClarenceB is a new RRBer and obviously unfamiliar with how our Build Off works. It's about sharing the journey and showing the actual build. I hope he joins us in future build offs, but actually participates in them and in the forum in general.

3. OddJob

OddJob

^Well said KF! ^

4. KJV

KJV

Some day in June ?
    Well, this member ,,just
    joined forum on Jul 25th:confused:

5. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

So he was building before he knew it was a build off bike. I don't really have a problem with him entering the bike, but I wouldn't vote for it, based on the lack of build thread. The story behind the build is a big part!

SwissGuy and RustyGold like this.