Pinnochio-Done as it's gonna get

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been neglecting my build for the last few days because if this:
20170530_192135.jpg

20170530_192120.jpg

Sorry about the 2nd pic. And yes, I have the door for the tank, as well as the key(broken) for the fork.

That's is one sexy layout on that frame man!
This is going to be a beautiful ride!

The truth is that I've been working, eating and sleeping. Not much else. I should be freed up a little tomorrow, and starting Friday I'll be on vacation for two weeks, and should get something accomplished. Honest.

I was shamed into doing some work on the build so I went to the basement and finished scrubbing the letters off of the Beach Bum tires. Might have to use some tire black to get the color even again.
040.JPG

Also, since the front hub is raw and the rear is black, I broke down the rear wheel to get the black off of the hub.
042.JPG

I used this odor free oven cleaner.
043.JPG

I don't think it did a whole lot. Still a lot of scrubbing with steel wool. Still some work to do.
044.JPG

That drum hub is sexy shiny now!

Well I decided to address the hole at the bottom of the seat tube, as well as ditch my quill type seat post. The post just didn't seem like it would be strong enough without making it out of cromo or something. Anyway, I cut out the bad section and extended the seat tube with a new section of tubing.
046.JPG

The new piece is long enough to to allow me a regular seat post clamp. The new seat post is about 21", up from around 18.5".
047.JPG

Last edited:
Well I decided to address the hole at the bottom of the seat tube, as well as ditch my quill type seat post. The post just didn't seem like it would be strong enough without making it out of cromo or something. Anyway, I cut out the bad section and extended the seat tube with a new section of tubing.
View attachment 53809
The new piece is long enough to to allow me a regular seat post clamp. The new seat post is about 21", up from around 18.5".
View attachment 53810
That 3 1/2 inches expands that frame to look so much larger.

Great idea. Looking good. Can't wait to see more!

Building..... Riding.....

Beautiful framework!!!
It just flows so well. Hard to believe that started life as a gal.

Got the mid bar fitted up today while I watched it rain from my garage.
050.JPG
051.JPG

I have been having a hard time welding this thing back together. Something about being an untrained amateur welder. Anyway, I ran out of wire for my welder, and couldn't find the same brand. I bought some Hobart brand and my welding sucked less than when using brand "A". If I popped for a real mig setup instead of using flux core it would probably solve a lot of problems.

Got everything welded up, still need to clean up my mess. I couldn't find my seat post so I had to manufacture a new one from some 5/8" round bar.
052.JPG
054.JPG

I may bend this some more later.
Threw a set of skinny 2.125 tires on to see what it looks like.
062.JPG

059.JPG

061.JPG

Here it is compared to my 47 Roadmaster.
057.JPG

058.JPG

Just a bit longer.
I have a Hawthorne rack that I tried. Not really feeling it. Will try again after I get the fat tires on.
055.JPG

I have an old Higgins cheese grater that might look pretty good on the back. Let me know.

Latest posts

Back