Pinnochio-Done as it's gonna get

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I with ya on the rack but that CwC frame kicks the biscuit off the table . [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This one is looking awesome. Great job on that frame and the heavy duty wheels look great with the fenders.
I need to get my drive train finalized so I can get the fender mounts worked out. Not a lot of room left in those fenders.

It just looks so comfortable!....The way a bike should be.

I needed some "Real Boy" sized bars. Had thought about buying some new, but what the heck, I'll just make some.
Started with the biggest bars I had. These came off of an old Sun beach cruiser.
065.JPG

Pretty large to start with. Cut up a failed set of bars that I tried to bend once upon a time.
066.JPG

Added 4" of length.
067.JPG

068.JPG

069.JPG

070.JPG

071.JPG

Still have to weld these up, but you get the idea. I can always trim them down later.

Awesome sense of scale on this build man!
Ten or twenty years from now someone is going to post pics of this bike asking people to help id it. :)
Keep doing what you're doing cuz it is working well!

I decided to get the ball rolling so to speak. I installed a single speed freewheel.
072.JPG

I was limited on my crank options. I thought that I was going to go OPC and had decided to use this old Columbia setup.
073.JPG

Wrong!
074.JPG

Apparently these are thicker like a skiptooth and I would have needed to run a 3/16" chain.
Anyway I went to plan B.
075.JPG

I pulled the cranks from a Giant built Schwinn.
076.JPG

Got my chain on without any more drama.
079.JPG

078.JPG

077.JPG

How it sits right now.
080.JPG

Did some more fit up on my chain guard. Had to trim quite a bit from the back side to clear the tire.
081.JPG

082.JPG

083.JPG

Still need to make a bracket and cut a notch for the adjustment bolt.

Get some brakes hooked up and have fun on that big beastie!

To bad the Columbia Sprocket wouldn't work that was really cool I don't think I've seen that one . The bike is coming together nicely. What did you decide to do with the rack ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still alive. Working way too much, though.
Fiddling with getting fenders to fit.
Welded some tabs onto the rear dropouts today to mount the fender braces to.
Will have to shorten the braces.
Also got a nice piece of leather to recover my seat.
Cables for my drums are missing in action.
Pics to follow.

This bike has so much frame work done, and you did it so well. The scale and ratio are perfect. I agree with what KF said. 20-30 years from now someone is going to think they stumbled across a very rare unproduced "prototype".
Great job!.......Color or not?

This bike has so much frame work done, and you did it so well. The scale and ratio are perfect. I agree with what KF said. 20-30 years from now someone is going to think they stumbled across a very rare unproduced "prototype".
Great job!.......Color or not?
Thank you, sir.
I do plan on painting. I guess I had better hurry up.

Working on my seat today.
I liked the look of the seat when I got it but it had some missing/broken parts so I had to take it apart. Of course I broke some more parts. So at this point I decided to clean it up and give it a paint job as well as a nice new piece of leather.
Before:
051.JPG

My plant hanger changes color with the Buildoff season.
089.JPG

090.JPG

091.JPG

That seat cleaned up well!

Latest posts

Back