pinstriping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: pin stripping

sensor said:
weve got a local guy whos been striping for about 40 years and he told me not to bother wasting money on reducer.......just get paint thinner(for enamels) and use that but personally i dont really reduce mine at all unless i need to do really long line......

ive alway been told to dip/dip by some local old school sign painters but im pretty sure i saw voodoo larry pullin straight outta the can years ago at the duck tail run show. it was green on a old wagon. ill see if i can find a pic. ive used high temp outside with the sun directly on the pallet and it started skippin quick :shock: ! i think shane syx even uses laquor

looks like he just palleting paint. i dont see any thinners by the pallet
SiCKKKK103.jpg

SiCKKKK098.jpg

By George, I think you got talent in them hands. :)
thesuicideride said:
some practicing. little more red and white to come.

pinhead003.jpg

for the toy run(yes i know i need to work on my lettering :oops:)
toyrun001.jpg

and that dumb omd label is gone now(it was a $.25 record) and replaced with something more fitting for the event

You guys are great!

Unfortunately, I don´t have access to a brush, they are impossible to get down here,
not even from Buenos Aires, so I have to try and practice with another type of brush and I stink at it.

Does anybody know how to fabricate a decent one, and explain it to me?
I know is gonna be hard, no one to teach me in person, not even with a "close to proper" brush, but I´d love to try.

suicide ride your pretty good! an sensor the lettering looks fine. :)

gold flaked pin with black and white lines i just finished tonight.

stripedpin021.jpg

Panel

panel003.jpg

man i cant figure out this photobucket sizing thing. the top ones in medium and the bottom in large. what do you guys usually use?

Re: pinstripping

for sizing i always use the large on the free photobucket part...
and that bottom panel is great!
glad to see you know how to do just straight lines....alot dont bother with ever learning how now

Re: pinstripping

sensor said:
for sizing i always use the large on the free photobucket part...
and that bottom panel is great!
glad to see you know how to do just straight lines....alot dont bother with ever learning how now

thanks sensor. and thats so true. to be honest i really like traditional fine long lines and with ornate/scrolled corners. like what you'd see on a old safe of the 20's. but hot rod striping is fun too. and to me those long straight lines are 5x harder than any curve.

pic came out pretty blurry. gold and white
pinstripedpanelgoldandwhite2005.jpg

this might help to see the colors
pinstripedpanelgoldandwhite007.jpg

4 foot fish. northern pike?
pinstripingkennyshelmetandpin019.jpg

sublime green, lemon yellow, and white. its really hard to see the difference between the green and yellow in the pic tho
pinstripingkennyshelmetandpin014.jpg

traded for a tattoo
pinstripingkennyshelmetandpin006.jpg

weaving lines
pinstripingkennyshelmetandpin007.jpg

pinstripingkennyshelmetandpin009.jpg

and refer to this thread for this panel (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26468)
pinstripingkennyshelmetandpin017.jpg

Latest posts

Back