pinstriping

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks! ive been to one panel jam. it was cool. i dont drink much anymore but if the times right! tryin to focus on paint. i have some 10 series i use occasionally but im just so used to 20's. started with them and theyre always on the self at the paint shop when i need um. i put together a panel jam on here a few months ago. the panels made a few passes but kinda died at the end. it may finish, who knows. post some pics of your lines man. lets get this gallery back alive!

did a sign swap with a awesome local tattoo artist named Nate CLick here in fort wayne. just did the trade off today. im going to start trading with other tattoo artist some of my work for a painted pinstriping/sign painting inspired flash sheet. this is the first so far. have another swap in the works.

SOOOO RAD! DEATH 2 VINYL. remember that.
tattoosigns015.jpg

my sign for his shop.
tattoosigns006.jpg

done deal. two happy mofos.
NATECLICKTRADES.png

In the last few months while on this forum and searching through many, many hot rod/rat rod sites I have become painfully aware of the pinstiping everywhere. I say painfully because my envy of the talent is very high. In one of my many boring rants about bikes to my girlfriend (she's not into them like me) I mentioned how I'd love to have the talent to lay down some cool stripes. She's given me encouragement on things before but not like this. Then just last week she finally let it slip that she too loves the look of pinstipes. So now both of us are practicing are lines and trying our hand at it. The great thing is, is that neither is better than the other so there is no competitiveness between us. Our styles are very different and our tastes are very different too.
All that aside I had to show her all the great work Ive seen so far in this thread. I've been lurking around the pinhead site too. You guys and girls inspire us. Hopefully when we get our lines smoother and build more confidence in our abilities we can share with you what you helped inspire.

Man ,there are some really talented pin stripers here ! I've recently started trying to learn how to stripe. It ain't easy by any stretch of the imagination. These posted photos are really inspiring.

Not the same thing but many of you I'm sure will be interested.
Around this part of the world (Argentina to be more precise) there´s a "variation" of pinstriping, called "Fileteado".
Born in cart factories in the early twentieth century, it spread into other art representations.
Check it out if you want to: http://www.fileteado.com.ar/english/index.htm

Gdcast said:
Around this part of the world (Argentina to be more precise) there´s a "variation" of pinstriping, called "Fileteado".
Born in cart factories in the early twentieth century, it spread into other art representations.

Wow! Some beautiful work there. I can see the similarities to pinstriping. It's really amazing work. Thanks for sharing the link.

BrunneCustoms said:
In the last few months while on this forum and searching through many, many hot rod/rat rod sites I have become painfully aware of the pinstiping everywhere. I say painfully because my envy of the talent is very high. In one of my many boring rants about bikes to my girlfriend (she's not into them like me) I mentioned how I'd love to have the talent to lay down some cool stripes. She's given me encouragement on things before but not like this. Then just last week she finally let it slip that she too loves the look of pinstipes. So now both of us are practicing are lines and trying our hand at it. The great thing is, is that neither is better than the other so there is no competitiveness between us. Our styles are very different and our tastes are very different too.
All that aside I had to show her all the great work Ive seen so far in this thread. I've been lurking around the pinhead site too. You guys and girls inspire us. Hopefully when we get our lines smoother and build more confidence in our abilities we can share with you what you helped inspire.

the way i learned was to pinstripe anything that would sit still long enough in the garage. some like to use glass because you can scrape if off. i prefer to see the progression in my lines and look back every so often to see how far i have come. i too am a fellow pinhead and have my own style i guess just stick with what you like to do. welcome to the pinhead world

BrunneCustoms said:
Gdcast said:

Wow! Some beautiful work there. I can see the similarities to pinstriping. It's really amazing work. Thanks for sharing the link.

My pleasure! :wink:

ratcycle said:
Hey sucideride, you wouldn't happen to know anyone in wisconsin for pinstripping would u.

whoa! sorry guys, i have been out for quite awhile. i forgot i have all that old stuff on here. ive improved a lot since then. kinda forced to because im a full time barber student now and painting signs and pinstriping at night are what keep me fed and keep the bills paid. ill get some pics of the newer stuff up soon! and ratcycle i dont know anyone off the top of my head but check out pinheadlounge.com theres a search bar on there and maybe you could just search WI. hopefully somethin will come up. if not, i've done work for members on here and shipped it back. later dudes!

Wow, amazing, awe inspiring, work, my man! Wish I could get down like that. It's enough to make a dude brave that hot old garage and drag a couple lines just because. Thank you for sharing your stuff.

Latest posts

Back