PK Ripper woes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Oh man, I just finished reading some of the post about restoring that Hutch BMX. I am a little discouraged. I have an old PK Ripper looptail frame that I have been hanging onto in the hopes that someday I will get around to restoring it. I didn't realize that the cost of doing so would be so prohibitive. Now, do I sell the frame and use the money to fix a couple other bikes I have laying around? Or do I just do it up with cheaper parts? Clothespin, you seem to be fairly knowledgeable in these matters, could I get a decent buck for a looptail?

proudlove said:
Oh man, I just finished reading some of the post about restoring that Hutch BMX. I am a little discouraged. I have an old PK Ripper looptail frame that I have been hanging onto in the hopes that someday I will get around to restoring it. I didn't realize that the cost of doing so would be so prohibitive. Now, do I sell the frame and use the money to fix a couple other bikes I have laying around? Or do I just do it up with cheaper parts? Clothespin, you seem to be fairly knowledgeable in these matters, could I get a decent buck for a looptail?

PK's are easier to Restore..
with a Hutch...it's like Buying a Cadillac..and putting Pontiac Parts on it.
so..with that..a PK should be done right as well..

now.PK's are Aluminum...and have their own issues..!!

and the year of the PK is alos a Factor..
PK's Crack a lot..so the seat Posts are a VERY common area to see cracks..as well as the Welds on the Bottom Bracket.

I would love to have a Chance to buy it.
depending on the condition and the welds and the year....it can be 200.00 for the Frame and fork..or 1000.00
and the forks..do you have the PK Forks ???
are they stamped on the bottom of the Fork ( LG ) are they SE Landing Gear Forks ??

please Bro..
send me..or e mail me pic's..I'm an Honest fella..and I'll be truthfull about it.
show me what yaa got..and I'll help yaa make some money..

[email protected]

cheers,
Kev.

Latest posts

Back