PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping a few of you can answer a question for me.

Within a paragraph, tell me why you chose to start working with vintage or custom bicycles. Also, if you don't mind, state your age in your answer as well.

I'm curious to know what motivates the users here to be involved in this hobby and what you get from it.
Have to think about that... Stand by.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I ride motorcycles. Rat rod/ vintage style choppers. Besides asthetics, changing bars and seats... i can't build a chopper. No space/ equipment/ knowledge. But I can build cool bicycles top to bottom and customize with extra parts and junk bikes. Most newer bikes are crap and good ones are to expensive to tear down and rebuild. I can find american made vintage frame/parts/complete bikes for less and make more appealing/ stylish/ custom than store bought doo doo.

I have always been into cars. I was at a friends place, he had an old bike hanging from his shed. I said " someone should restore that thing. He pulled it off the shed and said "I pick you. And handed it to me. Turned out to be about a 1950 Rollfast. 15 years and 45 bikes later here I am. My saving grace is my very patient wife. On the plus side she never has to wonder where I am, I am in the garage.

Hi I am John aka Jaxon. I am 58 and I bought a Sears Screamer at auction in 2010. I bought some small parts for it off Ebay and was invited to join the Musclebike forum. I found myself with 4 Screamers in 2 months time. After cleaning them up and selling them I thought what a cool hobby. I love that I have had so many bikes over the years. Once the excitment wears off they get sold to buy something else. Its great you can buy a bike or part use it and sell it again. Thanks Ratrodbikes for being here!!

Wow! (your avatar) That sled has major rake BOSS! Does it ride? Really dig it... Kuddos!

Mike, 39.
My grandfather passed, and about a year later I found what turned out to be a 49' (or so) CWC Western Flyer tied to the rafters in his barn. Rusty as heck, but it was so frickin' neat! I had no idea where it came from, as I hadn't ever noticed it before. I took it home, and since it was so far ......, I couldn't restore it, so I ratted it up a bit, got it running. I later found a picture of him on the bike, with my mom as a baby in a handlebar-mounted kid carrier in 1958, so it was his at least since then. Poking around brought me to the CABE forum, which then led me to here. Being a rockabilly of sorts, guitar player and car freak, this just seemed to be the right fit for me and bikes. Long paragraph, thanks!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

For example. My laid back floating motorcycle solo seat on my Dyno. Just nuts bolts and parts laying around. [emoji377][emoji573][emoji23][emoji106]
e1621c4db2875b03b644dfac432c738f.jpg

I'm Fred and am 53. Doctor recommended that I take up bike riding for weight and stress purposes. Bought a Schwinn from Academy and I rode it but it was not good for my back so I sold it. While perusing through CL I found a 3 Speed Rat Dyno cruiser. Bought it and fell in love with it. Still have it along with another Dyno and an Electra Townie. Found this site and saw all these cool bikes and got hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm Paul. 67. I started because my brother bought a forward pedal bike , and I wanted one too. I figured since I could weld and build most anything, I would build my own. I built 4 junkers and finally got the hang of designing them. Once I got better, I figured I could do a how to
on my builds and help others that wanted to build frames. Did it for a long time, and then lost my shop, so I gave up building frames. Was a fun run while it lasted. Now I see most of my pictures are gone thanks to photobucket. Thought they would last forever. Oh well.

Hi I'm Paul. 67. I started because my brother bought a forward pedal bike , and I wanted one too. I figured since I could weld and build most anything, I would build my own. I built 4 junkers and finally got the hang of designing them. Once I got better, I figured I could do a how to
on my builds and help others that wanted to build frames. Did it for a long time, and then lost my shop, so I gave up building frames. Was a fun run while it lasted. Now I see most of my pictures are gone thanks to photobucket. Thought they would last forever. Oh well.
Holy crap, Uncle Stretch.
Been a fan since joining the site. Hoped for one more build, like I'm sure many others have. But I understand getting out of it.

Though we've never met, I'm glad to see you on the site.

I'm hoping a few of you can answer a question for me.

Within a paragraph, tell me why you chose to start eeworking with vintage or custom bicycles. Also, if you don't mind, state your age in your answer as well.

I'm curious to know what motivates the users here to be involved in this hobby and what you get from it.
Easy to work on, inexpensive hobby, keeps me occupied in retirement, I like to ride them and I enjoy working with tools. Age 71 2/3

Easy to work on, inexpensive hobby, keeps me occupied in retirement, I like to ride them and I enjoy working with tools. Age 71 2/3
That pretty well sums it up in one sentence!

Latest posts

Back