Poll: The Beast... your first Walmart Bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Was the Beast your first Walmart bicycle purchase

• No, I've bought other Walmart bikes for myself before

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Yes, This is the first time I've bought myself a bike at Walmart

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • I haven't bought a Beast, I shouldn't be taking this poll

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For those of you who bought the Beast, I was just wondering if the price led you to buy it and this was your first Walmart bike purchase for yourself or if we are all repeat offenders.

Buying a bike for your kid from Walmart does no count, this is about a bike you bought for yourself.

Beasts were my 2nd and 3rd from Wally World for myself. The first was a Huffy Beach Cruiser that was purchased and modified in an evening.
(I was bored) It got it's handlebars flipped and cut plus a new set of wheels/tires (24x3 rear)

Spent 4 times as much on the Beasts as I spent on the Huffy but the Huffy is still a cool ride and it's original wheelset will find it's way onto my pure custom frameset.

The fact that its online and you dont actually have to go to walmart really makes it feel like a non walmart purchase, though it is entirely a walmart bike. :lol:

I wanted to wear a disguise when I rolled this one up to the register.

P1060532.JPG

I shouldn't be typing but here i go any way.
Was at Wally world yesterday and was checking out the bike/sporting good area and they really are trying to appeal to a wider market, cool skateboards, decent bmxs, pretty stylish cruisers, all in all it'd rival any Schwinn dealership from back in the 80s, and the parts are for the most part functionally as good or better than the 80s non index shifters.
I find it nice I can build my kids BMX bikes of 4130, 3 piece cranks, better brakes than I had, for a C-note, $100.00 U.S. bucks, for the same bike I paid 600 to 700 for.....

I bought the Mongoose Cachet for myself from Walmart a couple years ago, I have also bought2-3 kids bikes from them. When I was building my first rat rod bike if I had just bought the under $100 Huffy cruiser it would have saved me some money in parts and the mileage of driving over 100 miles round trip to a bike shop.

When I was in Walmart the other day (I go 1-3 times a week for various things) I was looking at their bikes, they have a cool cruiser there with a fat tank like frame, and another cruiser with the bottle opener cuts in the side and satin black, very cool.

I was most temped by their Mongoose dirt jump bike, basically just a 26" BMX, threadless straight front fork, single speed, short frame, rear V brake, 3 piece crank, very basic, very cool, $150.

aka_locojoe said:
I wanted to wear a disguise when I rolled this one up to the register.

P1060532.JPG
Haven't seen photos of you riding this one, nice color variations though.

No Beast yet, just my Genesis Super 32, which was my first.

Yep, first one.
Never quite thought of it this way since I've flipped so many of em' from all sorts of sources.
Do the brand new Magna 21 speed MTBs from Target that Ms jerrykr and I started on count?

Never thought I'd be buying any bike from WalMart, but I did get one of their Schwinn-retro-cantilevers a few years back that I had a blast modding into about a dozen different versions. I finally sold it last year in perfect condition - stripped to beach cruiser mode; less fenders, chainguard, etc. - for just a few dollars less than I paid for it new!
The Beast was just sort of a novelty buy because of the obvious entertainment value. I doubt I would have been interested in anything else they'd usually offer. The thing that tipped the scales for me with this buy was being able to order online (with no shipping charge, no less!), and not having to go into that disgusting store... :?

jerrykr said:
Yep, first one.
Never quite thought of it this way since I've flipped so many of em' from all sorts of sources.
Do the brand new Magna 21 speed MTBs from Target that Ms jerrykr and I started on count?

I think the poll means new bikes purchased at wall mart by you for you.

Counting used box mart bikes and I think many of us have piles of them. I know I have about 20 for various reasons. And scrapped out scores more.

Latest posts

Back