Portland OR Meetup

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Lets see who's interested!

1.Me

Maybe some weekend here before it gets stupid hot out this summer we could all catch up. Ride the water front/VooDoo doughnuts/A few beers or something. Lets figure it out.

What are you gonna be riding?

No Talent Clown said:
... Wait, " before it gets stupid hot"? Portland, hot?

I'm fat. All it takes is the rain to let up for like 3 minutes and I break a sweat. I always seem to have something come up on Tuesdays right as I decide to head over there. I just made it over the once. Nice bikes for sure. You guys gonna keep it up after ML closes? The Tuesday rides I mean.

I'm down, I'll probably bring my daily school commuter '64 Silver Jet 26" BMX-ish cruiser

DSC_0010.jpg

it's the only thing I really have that's reliable and together. everything else is stuck in project mode.

I'm going to have to drive up to wherever we are starting from, so somewhere reasonable safe without metered parking would be preferred

Would we plan on making any stops where locking up would be needed? The only lock I have is one of those 6' Kryptonite NY chains that weighs 25lbs and I hate lugging it around - edit: yeah I need to bring the lock. I really need to get a regular u lock.

Dripping with chrome! I dig those pedals. I have the same chain and also need a good U Lock. I am not real big on locking up my bike ANYWHERE. If I find one I dont really car about enough to leave locked up I usually end up selling it BECAUSE I don't care too much about it. Catch 22. Once we hear from some other folks about what they'd like out of a ride we can start planning a route stops etc. Maybe up one side of the water front then over to OMSI and back. Then stop somewhere around Skidmore Fountain. I'll do a scouting ride this weekend. See what might work.

It doesnt look it but I'm into that thing like $300! living and going to school in eugene I have to make sure it looks like it's not worth stealing by using a crazy huge lock, because we're #1 in bike thefts per capita in the US. I think #6 overall, but thats with a population of just 350k. Actually just made a quickie bike theft public service announcement for a journalism class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aluZ2XlNazQ

I really dig on all the chrome, and would like to find a chrome frame that's not super flexible like this one. Been looking at the SE bikes OM flyer with the landing gear fork, but $$$ is too tight

as far as stops, I really like beer, especially local micros. I don't really spend any time downtown except for going to concerts, so if you know some brewpubs other than the widmer house and rock bottom put them on the list!

mcquademaz said:
Where and when do you guys meet up?

So we haven't organized anything yet but on Sunday at the Lucky LAb bar on quimby and 23rd in NW there is a meetup at 12:30. I saw a call on craigslist for balloon tire bikes to show up there weather permitting. I'm going. Maybe a ride over to industrial NW? Pm me for my contact info if you think you may come out!

Met at the Lucky Lab in NW today. Maybe 12-15 eal nice bikes. Had a very CABE purest feel to it. And that's okay. There was a lot of combined old bike knowledge hanging out there over beers. Thanks Dave for being so inviting!

----------------

Well the second week of the month there is a meet up at the Lucky Lab in NW. It started off as a Cabe meet but I go and I am not active on that site so I dont think they would mind a couple pl'dirty ratrodbike'ers! :lol: It is also a pretty good place to pick up or sell a thing or two!

Latest posts

Back