Possibly/Hopefully My New Bike Is The Perfect Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
P1060532.JPG

After months of searching for the one perfect bike that I think will meet all my needs I believe I finally found it. The Thruster fixie. After a ridiculous amount of trips to my LBS riding the show room bikes & looking through the catalogs, I kept being drawn back to Walmart and this bike. Price was a big factor but I think "speed control" and "easy to ride" is what really sold me on it.
P1060540.JPG

I've already stripped most the decals and removed some reflectors and the plastic chainguard which I'll probably replace with something vintage. Not sure I like the color of the handlebars though. I may strip the paint off them and let mother nature take over.

Check out the fine welds
P1060542.JPG

Replaced the headbadge with my own which I think fits well.
P1060546.JPG

Now my big deli-ma is whether to ride it freewheel or fixed. I may just carry a wrench with me when I ride so I can easily switch whenever the mood strikes.
ANother bonus is if and when I get tired of this look I can move the front tire to the rear rim and vice versa for another cool look.

Did you buy some skinny jeans too.? :grin::grin:

Sent from my Casio. Wrist Watch.

Let us know how it rides an holds up I've been considering one for myself but I also like the Mongoose 700c they have

Yeah I only bought this as part of my Halloween costume for tonight's Hallowheelie ride. It's cold and ridiculously windy today so I don't even know if I'll go tonight. I guess I can save it for next year if I can find a place to store it. That'll also give me time to practice my skids and track stands :lol:

aka_locojoe said:
I guess I can save it for next year if I can find a place to store it. That'll also give me time to practice my skids and track stands :lol:
Just put it in your Attic. :wink: :wink:

Latest posts

Back