post trike pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold these two earlier this year. The guy who bought the one with the apes was elderly and wanted something with three wheels ever since his stroke. Who needs two wheels to have fun?! Trikes are amazing! :mrgreen:

dsc00576dy.jpg

dsc00492h.jpg

This is my Worksman model-u front load trike. It was purchased new by bell media and used to move tools for some time. After that it spent 25 years underground at a psychiatric hospital in st. Tomas Ontario. I have owned it for 10 years. weight capacity is over 500 pounds.
IMAG0668.jpg

OneHorsePower said:
Leaf springs :shock: Sweet!!!
Yes and I must say the leaf spring suspension is brilliant. Even with a Mac tool box on the front loaded with tools it keeps things from getting tossed when you hit a bump. This bike is well made. If I had the time I would load it with camping gear and ride it to palm desert.

Something i put togeither usein a rear end from a 1950s Sears trike. Sulley

Rides great.
005-3.jpg

Built this when I was in 5th grade. Found it in the trash. Only had the rear wheels and the frame. Everything else I added. New paint, chains, hubs, seat, rear seat, and I even got a jaguar steering wheel mounted. The people at the bike shop said it couldn't be done...ha! :lol: I laugh at them lol I love this trike. Sold it last year for $125. It was a $100 profit 8) and I already wanna buy it back

Vintagebikelover24 said:
Built this when I was in 5th grade. Found it in the trash. Only had the rear wheels and the frame. Everything else I added. New paint, chains, hubs, seat, rear seat, and I even got a jaguar steering wheel mounted. The people at the bike shop said it couldn't be done...ha! :lol: I laugh at them lol I love this trike. Sold it last year for $125. It was a $100 profit 8) and I already wanna buy it back
Did you forgot the picture ? :wink:

OneHorsePower said:
Vintagebikelover24 said:
Did you forgot the picture ? :wink:

It seems so lol here it is
CD04B2EB-DF45-476B-8B1E-5B00C287C6CA-26422-0000075818F6CB6D.jpg

Ichoptop said:
thats pretty rad looking. how is it to ride?
Thanks Ichoptop

She rides smoothly, with a large Worksman seat in between the rear wheels sitting as low as possible; but unfortunately the frame was bent when I dropped her getting her out of the car :cry: – at some point, I’m thinking of having the frame realigned so that she can be ridden again.

The tires are Hoggy G’s 24x3.5 rears and a 20x3.5 front w/drum brake and a 7-speed Shimano Nexus w/coaster brake rear, driving a 24 tooth cog and 52/42 crank.

She is a "true chopper" incorporating the frames of a Worksman trike, a Fuji woman’s road bike and a Schwinn woman’s touring bike. I chopped the frames and arraigned them, then I sent the frame off to the local auto body shop and had them weld it together – the cost for welding was two large pizzas, one Carnivore (meat) Special and one pepperoni (those guys don’t do Vegetarian :lol: )!

Latest posts

Back