Post Your Monark & Firestone Super Deluxe/Cruisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I'm picking up my first Firestone Super Cruiser tomorrow, I can hardly contain myself. None of these are my photos - I'll post some of my bike after I get it. In the meantime, show off yours!

CopyofSuperCruiser1.jpg

CopyofSuperCruiser2.jpg

Nateboy's Firestone
Copyofsuperdlx.jpg

Copyofsuperdlx.jpg

Copyofsuperdlxchrm.jpg

Chrome!!!! Droooool.
MonarkAD.jpg
MonarkSD2.jpg

LOVE this green color!
MonarkSD3.jpg

superdlx.jpg

Rockety Goodness

Keep 'em coming! :D

Mine aren't as pretty as that first bunch and I've since sold the blue girls Super Deluxe but I really like everything about these Monarks except the rims. They are always the most corroded part of the bike. I've become a big fan of the dual spring fork - if you look at the 50s Monark Spiegel Airman you'll notice this has the same style but with the single spring - also note the metal stud up near the head tube on the bottom side of the down tube - it's a stop for the fork so it doesn't damage the tank. The green girls bike is a Firestone Super Cruiser w/ operating tail light. I've got a couple I want to rat out eventually - too many projects, not enough time and money. On with the show - - -
Monark Super Deluxe Sprayed Gold
49E.jpg

1950s Monark Super Deluxe
27Z1950sMonarkSuperDeluxe.jpg

1950s Monark Built Spiegel Airman
69.jpg

Monark Silver King
7850sMonarkSilverKing8-16-09.jpg

Monark Built Firestone Super Cruiser Painted Green
145MonarkFirestoneSuperCruiser10-11.jpg

Monark Built Spiegel Airman
170E.jpg

man,those are some pretty bikes! :D ive always liked the lines of the super cruiser. those big deep fenders are classic. i didnt have a complete bike to work with,so i just made a hot rod outta mine. the original paint is still holding up! :D
DSCN1590-1.jpg
DSCN1609-1.jpg
DSCN1605-1.jpg

Heres my '48 as it was when I got it and as it is now. Still collecting parts for it. I've got a correct '48 pedastal headlight for it now instead of the train light pictured. Still need a correct chain guard. If I decide to restore it I'll put the correct McCauley fenders on it, but for now I like the later model deep fenders.

While I don't own a Monark, I am using an OEM Monark fork on my build.
I really like these bikes, nice combination of the classic looks of a Schwinn mixed with the artistic aspects of an Elgin.

I also digging the front 'Phantom-style' headlight on some of them, too cool. Anyone got one with the fender for sale? :roll: :mrgreen:

Dr. T

Awesome, thanks a lot for those! I'll post mine as soon as I can get outside without becoming a popsickle. It looks like all of these come with deeper fenders than others. :?

The chrome and blue and white Monarks reside in San Diego, they belong to my brother Jr.....he has a fleet of Monarks....somwhere around 20 or so.....

Mines missing all of the fancy Doodads, but here it is lol figured i'd post here since it said to. anyone wanna assist me in collecting parts for it?!
Parts missing are, Rear reflecter, rack, train light, tank, chain guard. maybe more? lol
100_1881.jpg

Good stuff all around gents, here is my baby...
DSCN2678.jpg

DSCN2681.jpg

DSCN3118.jpg

enjoy

not to hijack the threard, but what do you call those small caps (chrome things on the axle nuts) and where can you get them?

thx

here's my start. got it awhile back, haven't got to it yet. found a springer fork, deep fenders and guard (not monark) so far. i would like to add a tank as well. great stuff here, these are my favorite bikes, and i would like a nice original type one (someday).
DSC03568.jpg

Latest posts

Back