Power of the forum

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to highlight the potential of this forum based on my experience over on CBN.

Last weekend my son and I drove from the Albany NY area to Oakville, Ontariuo to meet up with 2 couples from Michingan (Chainsaw from this forum was one of them). and the locals from Oakville/Hamilton. None of us knew each other except through the forum, even the couples from Michigan met because of the forum.

We did three rides between Saturday and Sunday. The gem of the weekend was the Saturday nite ride around downtown Oakville. 13 of us had a great time, making new friends, seeing the sites and visiting several Tim Hortons and of course talking bikes.

Sure it was a 5 hour drive through flood warning rain to get there, but well worth it. My point to all this rambling................

We must use the gift that Ratrod has presented us and be willing to drive 5 or so hours across state and international boundries to share our love of all things bicycle. Many of us have a stable of rides, if you get a cheap flight, you might not even need your own bike when you get to your destination. The possiblities are endless.

If you ever feel like no one quite understands your passion/obsession/ illness of bicycle worship, we are now in one place, communicating. The other board members are the ones you've been looking for all this time to share your enthusiasm. If it costs a couple hundred bucks in gas/food/hotel costs to meet and ride with some of the fine folks on the board, make the investment in time and money if and when it presents itself. Thats what my son and I did last weekend and it was a very worthwhile investment.

Who's up for a roadtrip????????????????????????????????????

Ratrod Bikes Roundup - 2007........where will the host site be??????????? :D

Cool! I been trying to host an event in my town but who wants to come to South Georgia?(1hour from florida border-deeeep south)
I would host. I live in a small FLAT LANDED town that is great for cruising. I have a big yard to host a show and swap.

LMK I would love to host it! Thanks

62Higgins speaks the truth. This forum and others have the power of the internet to bring people together so let's use it to its full potential!

Although this year hasn't been very nice to my wife (Giggles) and me, I wouldn't change it for the world! We were able to meet some great people and go on bikes rides that will become legendary! I feel as though 62Higgins and 62Higgins Jr. are like a part of my family... well no, cause I like them and dislike most of my relatives! So I feel their just like the inlaws I've always wanted, yeah that's it.

Dumpster, There's a buttload of guys in Florida who might be willing to cross the border! Go over to CBN and give them a holler. And if Giggles and I get down your way .... warn the townsfolk! :D

I hear ya! Folks in my town already think I a troublemaker so why not invite more! LOL
CBN? What is this ?

Dumpster,
CBN is ChopperBicycle.net. Just throw www and a dot in front and the miracle of the internet will zoom you to it!
It's a forum similar to this, but deals with all forms of custom cruisers, choppers, rat bike, and my favorite, Freak Bikes. There are quite a few members from here that are also CBN'rs.

A must visit site for your biking addiction!

Chainsaw

Speaking of getting together and shows, etc. Is anyone other than me and my gal going to be at the Ft. Lauderdale show this weekend? I'm showing three bikes.

Kustomkarma said:
Speaking of getting together and shows, etc. Is anyone other than me and my gal going to be at the Ft. Lauderdale show this weekend? I'm showing three bikes.
I would be I cant afford to drive. I got a local swap meet NOV 18th so I am heading to that.

Hey Higgins glad you enjoyed the rides. Was a pleasure meeting you and JR. Hope you and JR can make the 07 Hamilton Beach Cruise along with some of your Albany brothers. And just to let you know for some reason the goose poop count on the trails is much less during the summer months....lol

Latest posts

Back