Pre-war Schwinn dx 1939

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
IMG_2830.JPG

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_2831.JPG
IMG_2826.JPG

So I found this locally but I am stingray guy normally, so someone tell me what this is please. My brief research suggests1937 Schwinn judging by the serial number. Badge is Arnold Schwinn built Ace with the airplane on it. It has the truss rod forks, but they don't have the stays on the top of the forks. I know the guard and sprocket are wrong. I also pulled the crank today and it is a wald replacement dog-leg crank. Serial number is O61553. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_2829.JPG
    IMG_2829.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
I'll get some better pictures posted up today. I was surprised how hard it was to find any info for the bikes from pre-war. I like my schwinn stingrays and you can find all kinds of info on them; this one not so much.

I'll get some better pictures posted up today. I was surprised how hard it was to find any info for the bikes from pre-war. I like my schwinn stingrays and you can find all kinds of info on them; this one not so much.
This place is great for it... I just had one IDed before it shipped to me , and look forward let the crew try assess my flyer clipper and Columbia this weekend

Thanks for the info. Looks like a 1939 DX. Did the all of the dx models have tanks and fenders etc? I know nothing about them.

Does anybody have a picture of a dx restored? Does it have tank and fenders, etc? Google shows all sorts of different ways byt in not sure what is correct for it.

I have a 1950 ACE.
It came to me as a frame, fork and a few other parts. I replaced the fork because the threads were too short to get a lock nut on. I think it was a Wald fork of strange construction. Sheet metal wrapped around to form U shaped blades. The frame was brush painted barn red so I brush painted the fork to match. I got a Schwinn fork from Harpers. I did a rat rod build. Arraya alloy red rims from my KOS Kruiser, crank & sprocket from the KOS, new 2" Hutchinson slicks, red chain and ss spokes. Those slicks are the smoothest rolling tires ever. I put on a better seat and pedals since the photos. It rides pretty nice.

rick

ACE.jpg

IMG_6344.jpg

Latest posts

Back