pre war western flyer between 32 and 39

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for someone that can identify a pre war western flyer 3 have tried and i have 3 different answers. it has the original badge on it so i know that much .im not in it to make money that would be easy i only paid 2 hundred for it still has original paint serial number is T 692 990 any help at all would be greatly appreciated.thanks...

I personally wouldn't have paid $200. I might have if the seat were in good condition and the chrome was still nice, but not as-is.

Not sure of the manufacturer, Murray? The chain wheel is pretty cool anyway.

6.jpg

this is a pic

This is definitely on the later end of that scale, probably '37 or '38. How about a Huffman-built Western Flyer?

pre war western flyer between 32 and 39

Postby prewar69 on Fri May 04, 2012 7:19 pm
I am looking for someone that can identify a pre war western flyer 3 have tried and i have 3 different answers. it has the original badge on it so i know that much .im not in it to make money that would be easy i only paid 2 hundred for it still has original paint serial number is T 692 990 any help at all would be greatly appreciated.thanks...

I can tell you with certainty that the bicycle was manufactured by Shelby for Western Autos. The exact year is more difficult, The NBHAA has documents regarding the decoding of Shelby serial numbers but I don't believe there is any of that information out floating in the public domain. From my studies of Shelby I believe that frame type may have entered production in 1938 and continued for a while after that.

there's your answer- phil (rms37) is the man!

if the paint is indeed original and it cleans up nice on the rims, frame, and fork i'd say you did good! not 'flip it for big bucks' good, but '1 really cool frame to start a project with ' good. :wink:

Latest posts

Back