Prewar Board track replica frame has me perplexed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been researching for the last week trying to identify this frame. Straight bar but curved downtube & reverse dropouts? I think it was a more modern frame with the two top tubes welded in. Then I look at the back half & looks postwar? Did it start life as a woman's frame? Is it a real deal frame or Frankenstein?
Thank you for any help. I know most components are fairly newer & the cool thing is the fire extinguisher is the gas tank.... it's a cool looking bike but confused on what the heck it started life as.
With a little ingenuity & replacement of some parts it could look much better.
00606_dgEwRT1FcdQ_600x450_zpsf0elaipd.jpg

00p0p_9CjJDEpB6KH_600x450_zpsql1zm03r.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a Columbia by the drop outs and kick stand mount. But the welds, cranks and forks look like Murray. Either way I dont think its old enough to be "prewar" maybe 60's if I had to guess. But what do I know...?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Agree on the Columbia frame, dropouts look like theirs, seatstays look right. Curved top, stratight middle, and curved downtube look right. I have a '56, that looks very similar in the lines of the frame. Serial # is on non drive side dropout on mine. Chainring is definitely murray and most likely swapped at some point.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Agree on the Columbia frame, dropouts look like theirs, seatstays look right. Curved top, stratight middle, and curved downtube look right. I have a '56, that looks very similar in the lines of the frame. Serial # is on non drive side dropout on mine. Chainring is definitely murray and most likely swapped at some point.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
Thank you. I think this solves the mystery. I didn't realize Columbia was still making these straight & small curved toplease tube into the 50s.

Looks like a Columbia by the drop outs and kick stand mount. But the welds, cranks and forks look like Murray. Either way I dont think its old enough to be "prewar" maybe 60's if I had to guess. But what do I know...?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Thank you for your help.

Now you know what it is & not a Higgins.

Latest posts

Back