Prewar Colson Frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Yet another future project.:)
816-1392044341-a455afc19cc8ffd36391f4374fb2d31b.jpg

It also has the original saddle and lucky 7.
I might build it or sell it, I haven't decided yet.

That thing is beautiful!!!! Great creamsicle paint scheme!

Hang it in the living room and just stare at it.....:grin:

I've always thought that straight-bar referred to the mid tube as in Schwinn Straight Bar? Am I wrong? Does it refer to the downtube?

I've always thought that straight-bar referred to the mid tube as in Schwinn Straight Bar? Am I wrong? Does it refer to the downtube?

Kfish, I'm sure that your more knowledgeable than I am, so maybe your right, I've always thought that it referred to the downtube.

EDIT: I stand corrected and dropped 'straight bar' from the title, thanks.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've always thought that straight-bar referred to the mid tube as in Schwinn Straight Bar? Am I wrong?...

No, you are right. This style frame does not have a universally accepted descriptive name... some call it "rainbow", I call it "parrallel tube".

You lost me on that one. Had to google to see the double rainbow guy.

Nice color scheme and the dart layout looks great. Love to see it finished.
Thanks manta. I did that fairly quickly just to see how it would work. The more I look at it, the better I like it.

If I decide to keep it and build it, I'll probably go with that scheme along with painted wheels in either the (lighter) sherbet or burgundy color with the opposite color pinstripes.

You lost me on that one. Had to google to see the double rainbow guy.
The double rainbow video is a youtube classic!

Back