Prewar Savage - Tank & rack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stacy's Savage - DONE and she loves it!!

Looks awesome!! My next build is going to be a bike for my wife, if I don't do it she won't let me have my 5th. bike...

Still wondering what to do but I guess I'll use a man's frame for her bike (she won't even know the difference) so I can use it myself! yeah, I'll cheat her into my 5th. bike so I can build the 6th!

Re: Stacy's Savage - Tank Qs 3/13

Digging up an old thread here..

I just received a tank for my wife's Savage from RRB member "frankster41". I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see one on this style girls frame so I'm pretty stoked to have this one now!

It has what I would call a "horn button delete plate". Was this a factory thing companies did on lesser more inexpensive models? Just add a plug to the hole and no horn unit inside? I realize that this frame was badged many times over by different companies, so who knows where the tank originated... All I know is it fits like a glove! When the bodywork and paint gets done, I'll polish and reinstall the delete plate. I kinda like it... well that is if its a factory deal. By the looks of the rivets I'd say its been there as long as the tank has been around. Any thoughts??

817f8a5a.jpg

5072e090.jpg

f4abc311.jpg

Stacy's Savage - Tank questions 3/13

I figured since I'm working on the wife's bike.. why not search for a rear rack. I just nabbed this super straight 40s rack from "Slick". I think that'll be it for this one...

9aec7356.jpg

Re: Stacy's Savage - Tank questions 3/13

I got the tank halves body worked and primed today. I also made a stencil of the original stripe/arrow graphic so I can recreate it. I always get a bad feeling when I bead blast original paint & graphics.. So this time I wanted to bring them back exactly how they were, just with new paint. Hope they come out good.
ad5d158c.jpg

4110e149.jpg

Latest posts

Back