Prewar Shelby Eagle Gamble (Jinxed) Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked this up for the old Shelby today.
Kenny
dana-3-speed.jpg
That's pretty cool. I've never seen one of those. When were those manufactured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Dana 3 speed was made in the 70's. By the same Dana Company that makes car and truck rear ends.
Kenny

Love the Dana 3 speeds but for some reason they've managed to become a bit pricey over the past year.
Makes me wonder why :39:

Have you hooked up the Dana yet?

I just got the Dana in the mail yesterday. I haven't done anything on the Shelby since I've been working on my Bronco, it will be finished in a few days. Then I'm going to jump back on the Shelby again.
dscn0913.jpg

I finally got a chance to play with the Shelby a little tonight. Mocked up the Dana 3 speed. Since I can't use a skip tooth chain with the Dana I'm going to use a 2speed kick back hub with the Dana.
Kenny
dscn0924.jpg

dscn0925.jpg

Now that's a cool way to get 6 speeds!

Man it's time to go or con seed and l'm not planning on con seeding. I got the black paint on the frame today. I've got to go.
Kenny
dscn0940.jpg

All Fords at this house, and we have a lot.
I got a lot done today on the Shelby. I used automotive lacquer paint in a rattle can. In an hour I was waxing the paint and starting to assemble it. My old school 6 speed is awesome. I got the Dana 3 speed adjusted it wouldn't go into 3rd. The Bendix kickback is working great. I did get to go for my first ride tonight.
Kenny
dscn0943.jpg

dscn0941.jpg

dscn0942.jpg

dscn0947.jpg

dscn0948.jpg

As bad as my day went with the Shelby yesterday, I came up with a name Jinx.
I built a new front rim, yesterday and went to a smaller front tire. The Carlisle Lightning Dart rear tire was a bust also. So I replaced the Lightning Dart with a new Bontrager 2.35 rear tire. The handle bars had little chrome left and a lot of pitting so I painted the stem and handlebars metallic gray.
dscn0956.jpg

dscn0955.jpg

dscn0954.jpg

Latest posts

Back