Prewar-style kickstand made aftermarket?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've mostly been lurking but am enjoying this place tremendously.

tb5.jpg

Does anyone make the prewar-style of kickstand (like the one above) as an aftermarket item? I like the style but I currently have a fairly modern bike and can't really justify taking a genuine prewar item out of circulation (not to mention the cost of doing so). I love the look but are they impractical? Maybe there is a good reason - beside streamlining - that they fell out of favor.

rat rod, i have had one of those on my murray motobike for the last 2 years and i love it! works great, especially w/ the lock on it. :D

Thanks. It's got possibilities.

they sell those on streetlowrider, i like them, good price,sturdy, i like the fact they lock, the only problem is that they dont work well on a rear facing dropout , I ended up cutting and welding mine on.

the only problem is that they dont work well on a rear facing dropout , I ended up cutting and welding mine on.
Also, many of the prewar frames have 'ears' on the dropouts which act as the stops for the stand. These just have a simple stand without springs. The S clip on the rear fender holds the stand up when riding. ~Adam

Latest posts

Back