private pile

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
time to get some projects done so i can justify some new ones :D . i've had this rocket for awhile. originally planned to build it up somewhat original. recently, i was watching an indiana jones movie with soldiers on motorbikes and decided to build up a military themed bike. looking around, i'm seeing some parts i have laying around that will fit nicely. it'll practically build itself. gonna be flat drab colors with little shine, that otta help with my lack of bodywork skills. plan on keeping it simple, but we'll see where it goes. need to think of a better name though...

DSC03568.jpg

Oh no! Another military bike!! Competition!

Start building quick so I can use your ideas.

I'll be watching, good luck.

yoothgeye said:
Oh no! Another military bike!! Competition!

Start building quick so I can use your ideas.

I'll be watching, good luck.

this will be fun. i like where your build is going. i'm especially liking that stealth headlight 8) .

deven_science said:
Don't rename it, Private Pile is an awesome name! Makes me think of Full Metal Jacket more than the actual Gomer Pile.

true that! one of my favorites. i may have to pop that movie in the player tonight.

so got her broke down.
DSC04635.jpg

here's what i had collected for original build.
DSC04637.jpg

and here is some of my inventory that may be of use here.
DSC04638.jpg

new ideas are popping into my head all the time :idea:

uneasy rider said:
this will be fun. i like where your build is going. i'm especially liking that stealth headlight 8) .

Thanks, I'll trade you my extra one for oh say... all your parts? :mrgreen: :wink:

Okay, you get the back page courtesy bump tonight.
Has you amazing pile of parts started to come together any??? We want to see this cool bike being built up.
Don't leave us hangin.

Oneuglybike said:
I really hope there is a update coming!!! Looks like there is a fantastic bike waiting for us all to see :D
fantastic might be hard to live up to, but don't fear, pvt pile will soon be here. life had really been getting in the way of my priorities - finish spring semester, update training classes, trip to penn. to meet in laws (about time, been married 20 yrs next wed :shock: ) so today was a good day, finally had some time to do some buildin. been killing me looking at the parts every day till now. got the rear wheel, fender & guard fitted
DSC04671.jpg

tried a couple racks, may go without, not sure yet.
DSC04673.jpg

DSC04674.jpg

really wanted a triple clamp fork, but couldn't find one for cheap, so will go with springer. wanted to build up a set of wheels specially for this bike, but i won't have time and will go with a ready set for now, and learn to build wheels at a later time. but no whitewalls...
DSC04677.jpg

had fun working on her today, more of the same tomorrow. also need to check settings on camera - sorry for crummy pics, but appreciate all the support, you guys are the best :!:

Scratch that first rack. The big one works though.

That's a sweet springer you have there.

Glad to see this sweet bike moving forward.

i'm out. my computer @ home with my pics crashed & burned, so i'll move this to build section and start shopping for a new puter. no, really, i wasn't intimidated by the competition :D . some great looking bikes this build off!!!

Aw come on!! Do it with ya phone! Beg or borrow! Your right there! Don't look now but, ya slip is showing!! GTB!!

Latest posts

Back