Project 346 Good Old Days Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a build thread for the bike i've made for BO15.
Still lots of ideas to be brought to life with this project. In fact i love the outcome so much i even got myself another ladies 346 cruiser frame to make a similar mod to it later.
But for now i want to start this thread by some nice photos of this bike i have made a couple of month ago but just developed the pictures now :)
_MG_8115.jpg

_MG_8116.jpg

_MG_8119.jpg

_MG_8120.jpg

_MG_8122.jpg

_MG_8125.jpg

_MG_8126.jpg

_MG_8145.jpg

_MG_8131.jpg

Starting a build thread for the bike i've made for BO15.
Still lots of ideas to be brought to life with this project. In fact i love the outcome so much i even got myself another ladies 346 cruiser frame to make a similar mod to it later.
But for now i want to start this thread by some nice photos of this bike i have made a couple of month ago but just developed the pictures now :)
View attachment 148225
View attachment 148224
View attachment 148223
View attachment 148222
View attachment 148221
View attachment 148220
View attachment 148219
View attachment 148218
View attachment 148217
That last photo is awesome, absolutely timeless!

The bike got an update for the coming winter, it now has nice fenders on it :) Looks even more vintage with them on! I've also put an old Persons seat instead of Electra one and it got so comfy that i can't stand but to ride it every now and then. The more i have it the more i fall in love with it and considering not to change much in that bike.
IMG_67334.jpg

Here is another example of how we fight for American parts here in Europe.
Getting a nice stylish chain guard is too expensive, at least 65 bucks before tax, so it would end up to be almost a 100. I always loved JC Higgins guards among the others, especially because they have those nice lines extending backwards that can be used to mount it on longer bikes, similar like Shelby guards. Luckily not just Murray produced JC Higgins bikes through the years, there were even bikes imported from Germany, like that one.
img_4771-jpg.465143

Seems cool, right? Especially that chain guard that is same style as the American one. My guess would be that they have produced the entire bikes in Europe rather then putting them together in US, so they would make press forms for that guard. Since some factory in Germany would have forms for such a beautiful guard it would be a pity not to use it for some of their own bikes, am i right?
Снимок экрана 2022-01-27 в 23.53.08.png

So the rest is easy :) Got this for a bit less then 25$ shipped :) Probably am going to use for this bike or maybe for my Firebolt electric build.
IMG_6944.JPG

Latest posts

Back