Project Ed (DONE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All tucked away nicely!
This is looking sweet!
Love the tires too

Ratty and natty with that electric motor mod. What kind of assist does that Edison battery provide? Tops out at...?

Looking good!

Was looking at your front brake arm and wondering how that works with the springer? Does it slide up and down in the bracket?
For top performance, I would also fix this brake-arm retention design as it would otherwise hinder springer movement. See the ren-mans arm attachment trick on his bike, which I find is a cool solution for the old linkage forks..

For top performance, I would also fix this brake-arm retention design as it would otherwise hinder springer movement. See the ren-mans arm attachment trick on his bike, which I find is a cool solution for the old linkage forks..

I'm not really going for top performance on a 70 year old springer. If I allow it to give anymore than it already does, it'll probably bottom out. I'm cool with how it sits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really going for top performance on a 70 year old springer. If I allow it to give anymore than it already does, it'll probably bottom out. I'm cool with how it sits.
That Russian hub is made different from the 'American" Worksman. If mine came with that type of bracket I might would've used it too. The main thing is that it allows the rocker to do its thang!

BTW, it's interesting that 'Ed & Chris' have virtually the same number of posts and views at this point!

That Russian hub is made different from the 'American" Worksman. If mine came with that type of bracket I might would've used it too. The main thing is that it allows the rocker to do its thang!

BTW, it's interesting that 'Ed & Chris' have virtually the same number of posts and views at this point!

I can't wait to get the bikes together and do a gas/electric cruise.

f0eeb50e245abfee2c6a3f8466a750ea.png

This is insane, it's like an old 100 mile race and the two front runners battling for first. Not that I'm a contender for first by any means but it's just cool to visualize.

Kinda like the battle between electronic vs gasoline transportation back in the 1900's. And we all know who won that battle.

I see a TRM designed "race poster" in my head as we speak.

Last edited:
Battery fits.

c2bc8034955495a8bf37aa6708c493d8.jpg

Used the battery tray as a spring loaded bracket to hold the battery tight.

859b265b35dedb34f1486751bbe006b7.jpg

Finally got it outside for an updated street shot.

9504bd5f8954714c6728becee75622af.jpg

Grabbed this barn fresh seat today to test the look.

56cd38a26ac6d0a6feb4b3503aaca844.jpg

Looks Awesome!

Thanks! Not sure if anyone noticed or was wondering but the inside of the forks still are original paint.

The first house paint job it received didn't cover the inside of the forks so I too left them untouched, just for that armature hot rod feel.

The tire/wheel combo looks awesome in the new street shot.
Love the housepaint tuxedo paint job too. Have you thought about a amateur hand painted black housepaint lightning bolt somewhere?
Maybe on the front of the rear fender

I have never considered an electric bicycle until now. Could never see myself riding one; except for maybe this Custom Rat electric. I would allow some black paint to peak out from underneath in just the right spots and maybe try some wide, flat handlebars on it as well for good body position and control of the bikes's speed and weight. Fat AND fast. How can you not like that?.:13:

The tire/wheel combo looks awesome in the new street shot.
Love the housepaint tuxedo paint job too. Have you thought about a amateur hand painted black housepaint lightning bolt somewhere?
Maybe on the front of the rear fender

Before it got its white coat, I had a pretty gnarly lightning bolt painted on the green but never captured it because I knew the white paint would cover it. It's funny you say rear fender because that's where I had it. I plan to add another somewhere before the build is over. Did you see the headbadge?

Latest posts

Back