Project "eNVy"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kustomkulturebabe said:
It's looking pretty good so far! will you be adding some pinstriping? it would complete the bike :)

Thats what im hoping for. The secondary color is neon green, so i think pinstriping in that color will reall pop. Thats what color the wheels are too.

Henry morgan said:
bike is looking good... will trade ya a good set of wheels for the pony car :mrgreen:

The pony is actually for sale. It will take alot more than wheels though on a trade :)

MadMax '58 said:
My 2 cents is to use the original fenders, as they are what sets the "Evans" apart from all the other cantilever style bikes....Your Evans is a '57-'62 as Evans went out of business in '63 and as I understand it, "Schwinn" had the patent for the "Cantilever style frame until '57....Also of note is that these Evans bikes were supposedly designed by "Harley Earl" and his design team of 1950's General Motors fame....I've added some pics for your reference....This thread has some more info....

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=55713&p=536379&hilit=evans#p536379

My Evans as found....
5Le5Gc5M13n03F63N1c4h32c5158d2a2f1c50.jpg

What it should look like restored....Mine is missing the Headlight section of the tank....
57_zpsf8a403cd.jpg

60_zps74b5e93a.jpg

Ive been torn the whole time on those fenders. I love them because they are totally different but they are pretty beat up so thats why i grabbed another set of fenders. Im hangin onto the evans fenders for sure im but not sure if they will be for a different build. I could definitely fix the originals up im just not sure if they fit the theme im going for. Trust me ive been back and forth a million times on this

A little mock up of mine....
8_zps5939723f.jpg

Pic of one like yours....Notice no tank....
50_zps8fa5611b.jpg

cjperry81 said:
kustomkulturebabe said:
It's looking pretty good so far! will you be adding some pinstriping? it would complete the bike :)

Thats what im hoping for. The secondary color is neon green, so i think pinstriping in that color will reall pop. Thats what color the wheels are too.

Ooh right on! Hmm there's a striping paint color called Sublime Green and white as a secondary color, would look pretty awesome

kustomkulturebabe said:
cjperry81 said:
kustomkulturebabe said:

Ooh right on! Hmm there's a striping paint color called Sublime Green and white as a secondary color, would look pretty awesome

Yeah I was definitely planning on a bright green pinstripe with white accents. I actually envisioned going with white tires to set the whole bike off but i think im gonna go this some big white walls just so they wont get as dirty looking. White tires would be sweet though. Im also hoping to put together some tank panels and writing ENVY all the way across it with some striping around it to.

Finally got some spare time to dust off project ENVY and get it out of the shed and start a big final push. Here is an initial mock up for a custom bead rolled, seamless, tank my friend is fabbing for me.

biketank_zps39dadeb4.jpg

Latest posts

Back