PSYCHOTIC REACTION (7/23-back-n-black)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PSYCHOTIC REACTION (update 5/29)

lookin good!
shame on me :cry: i know my rock&roll better than that.
but my 1st thought was the cult.

Love the frame. Those Elgin sprockets have long been one of my favorites. I gotta say I liked the other bars better, but the Springer more than makes up for it. You bike from last year will be hard to beat in my opinion, but you are on the right track.

Well done ! love the color combo and parts used .. very clean build
could you show us a video or pictures to show how that kick stand unfold , cause i don't understand now

Looks real nice so far! :D The handlebars fit the bike perfectly 8)

sensor said:
Okay. It's been long enough. Anything new?!?

+1

cmon guys...every year I always take june off! :lol: I should have a small update on sunday, then hopefully be painting next Wednesday. since my goal was to build a bike with the fewest parts possible, its not much of a stretch to imagine the finished bike. I can guarantee you that this bike will be 100% "faux" free! :wink: and now............http://www.youtube.com/w ... _piRdpqDDQ

Re: PSYCHOTIC REACTION (update 7/23)

nap time is officially over, so now its time to pad my build thread all the way to page 3! :lol: I stripped and painted the frame in satin black,about 2 weeks ago,then let it cure for 6 days before reassembly. the nexus hub was shot in flat black before being re-laced to the 3g rim. the stem was shot in satin black and the felt bars got some fresh black coke bottle grips. the final drivetrain combo ended up being a vintage mead sprocket hung on a pre-war roadmaster dogleg crank and some signal pedal repops. now its just a matter of wiring up a headlight and taking some finished pics. this year im going gimmick free and keeping it simple! :wink:

143_zps99dee046.jpg

162_zpse8986096.jpg

168_zps6246aaff.jpg

164_zps4b80c37b.jpg

149_zps03cfb056.jpg

158_zps0242c813.jpg

157_zps30880b76.jpg

152_zps74a1674b.jpg

Wow, very cool! :D I like the blacked out look with the cream tires 8) Great job :wink:

Super classy build! (AS USUAL)

thebigorangecat said:
152_zps74a1674b.jpg
[/quote" rel=nofollow target=_blank vglnk_1374699998134="13"><SPAN>http</SPAN><SPAN>://</SPAN><SPAN>i499</SPAN><SPAN>.</SPAN><SPAN>photobucket</SPAN><SPAN>.</SPAN><SPAN>com</SPAN><SPAN>/</SPAN><SPAN>albums</SPAN><SPAN>/</SPAN><SPAN>rr355</SPAN><SPAN>/</SPAN><SPAN>texasbigjohn</SPAN><SPAN>/</SPAN><SPAN>152</SPAN><SPAN>_</SPAN><SPAN>zps74a1674b</SPAN><SPAN>.</SPAN><SPAN>jpg</SPAN><SPAN>[/</SPAN><SPAN>img</SPAN><SPAN>][/</SPAN><SPAN>quote</SPAN></A>]

What are your thoughts on those "non-turn" washers for that Nexus rear axle??? Looks like your turned them around

I am fighting getting the right ones for my drop outs.

BTW - Great Looking Build!!!
I went through 3 different sets of washers trying to get them to work with my dropouts, and finally I just ground off the ears and put the torque to the axle nuts. gary(b607) claims to have run this setup for years with no problems,and he is much more knowledgable than I am.

Latest posts

Back