RRBBO13 Q U O I S E

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lot's of colors going on here,my eyes are peeled to see the outcome.
original.gif

Masterful fauxtina work on that old TRM piggy bank.
Looks brilliant man!

Masterful fauxtina work on that old TRM piggy bank.
Looks brilliant man!
Thanks! It does look like a coin slot.:21:
You know a master is at work when he gets fiberglass to rust
You can get anything to rust with the right paint!:wink1:
I'd say let's have a secondary contest on who's got better rusted fiberglass, but I think yours would win.
Rusty fiberglass and the same color palette to boot. Just saw your latest, looks great!
Could be a close run race
:)
...As legions of Corvette owners hurry to get their cars rustproofed...
:rofl:
rusted_corvette_by_chrysley.jpg

I appreciate these in-depth tutorials that alot of you do because I am new to this and learning alot.
That's one of the great things about this forum! I'm constantly learning from others, just like the weak spring fix that I picked up from @léocwc .

Beautiful work as always (painting & metal work) :inlove:

I appreciate these in-depth tutorials that alot of you do because I am new to this and learning alot.

Hmmm, I missed the tutorial on how he did this process. Let me know if you can ever get it out of him! **secret TRM sauce** :bigsmile:

Beautiful rat-ina job on the frame / tank! There is something about this tank that just begs for rust. And it's so much fun to work with!

Fond memories of building 'One-Liner' in BO 11....

The drums are in your honor....

IMG_20160610_152000.jpg

Hmmm, I missed the tutorial on how he did this process. Let me know if you can ever get it out of him! **secret TRM sauce** :bigsmile:
Any info is good when your trying to learn
I looked back at my earlier posts and even though I wouldn't call it a tutorial, I did basically outline my method. However, I did omit one crucial piece of information: The 'oxidizing iron paint' that I used is called Modern Masters Metallic Paint. I've discussed using it in the past so I wasn't thinking about informing about the product itself. :nerd: Hope that helps!

I also used it on the fiberglass Christy Saddle. Here's a good look at it after the acidic solution (the companion product also from Modern Masters) did its magic. Same steps as the frame but without the quoise paint this time.

100_5590.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back