RRBBO13 Q U O I S E

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The welding on the pipes is finished.
Exhaust welded.jpg

Small things, but they still take time to make.
Exhaust brackets.jpg

Some visual ques and details just work and there's no reason not to revisit them. TRM has carved a niche out of the custom rat bike environment for himself. Years from now folks will see these bikes and point at those details and say - "Look at that, and look at those..." and things like - "It looks sort of like a Spaceliner but then again..." I'd love to see them try to figure it out! It's looking great brother, a nod to it's Raceliner roots.

Carl.

Nice LEGS!!!! :D

Thanks everyone!
(@PublicNuisance , I wish I could take credit for the welds. I'm fortunate to have a good welder in the family.):)

Some visual ques and details just work and there's no reason not to revisit them. TRM has carved a niche out of the custom rat bike environment for himself. Years from now folks will see these bikes and point at those details and say - "Look at that, and look at those..." and things like - "It looks sort of like a Spaceliner but then again..." I'd love to see them try to figure it out! It's looking great brother, a nod to it's Raceliner roots.

Carl.
Thanks Carl, I really appreciate that.
I actually thought about this before deciding to enter this year. At first I was reluctant to build what is essentially another version of the Raceliner. But it occurred to me that it's not really any different than someone building a variation of (for instance) a Silver King, Elgin Twin or X-53 just to name a few. There have been many repeats of bikes through the years and sometimes several in the same build-off.

Ultimately the defining aspect of the build-off is to be creative and put our own twist to the bike being built. It really doesn't matter that it's a familiar frame etc., it's more about what we do with it. So in the end I decided to enter knowing that there will be enough differences in the Raceliner and Quoise to set them apart from each other.

I finally took a few minutes to do a rolling mock-up and take it out of the shop for a look.:)

100_5419.jpg

I'm really liking how the 24" fork and wheel are giving all of the horizontal lines a downward rake. It has a more aggressive stance than the Raceliner had!

100_5418.jpg

Watching this is a real treat for those of us who weren't along for the ride with the original Raceliner.

What you putting on this for wheels? Always liked the modern front wheel on the Raceliner. Any gears?

What chainring is that? I love the design and it goes well with the bike.

What you putting on this for wheels? Always liked the modern front wheel on the Raceliner. Any gears?
I haven't settled on the rims yet but they will most likely be of the older chrome steel variety. It will get a modern rear hub with 7 gears and a coaster brake.

100_5428.jpg
100_5430.jpg

Those lines!!!
Opting for the right saddle and bars will be the game changer....
I've got some ideas. :)

I finally took a few minutes to do a rolling mock-up and take it out of the shop for a look.:)

View attachment 77393

I'm really liking how the 24" fork and wheel are giving all of the horizontal lines a downward rake. It has a more aggressive stance than the Raceliner had!

View attachment 77392
Sorry about mixing you up with another builder, now I know what you built. Raceliner is a gorgeous bike, and Quoise has a perfect stance, it looks like it's moving when standing still

Latest posts

Back