RRBBO13 Q U O I S E

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, did anyone else notice the rust ‘tan lines’ under the tank?
THAT is attention to detail my friends.
DANG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coppertone_Girl_MOCK__12115_std.png

OK, did anyone else notice the rust ‘tan lines’ under the tank?
THAT is attention to detail my friends.
DANG!

That's what you get when you rust from the 'top down'....if you know what I mean.... :nerd:

Thanks y'all.
No work on QUOISE today. Just got home from working all day on a sign and about to leave again to play back to back gigs tonight with an Allman Brothers cover band. No Rest!

No bike progress but here's the sign progress.:blackeye:
IMG_0115.jpg

Sounds rough ,
The rough part is being out in the sun for most of the day with Alabama humidity. IN AUGUST!:whew:
Hope you do this one...maybe my favorite AB tune

Yes sir!
Yep. Think like a raindrop...

Carl.
Exactly!

Spent most of my time searching for where I put the tiny little cable bolt but eventually found it and dialed in the new shift cable. It makes me draw up a little when it comes time to cut the cable down to length wondering if I missed something before committing!
100_5652.jpg

Thanks Miss Funk. Here's another patina shot for you.

To complete the classic hot rod vibe with the painted rim spoked wheels and wide whites, how can you go wrong with scallops? The trick was making them look faded and rusted but still see a ghost image of the 'original' paint job from back in the day.
100_5650.JPG

Man, those scallops are awesome!!!

Just got caught up on all the action . Killer work as always TRM.
Thea’s build offs are demanding & still try to cary on with every day life . [emoji1303]

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Chad, the bricks are carved at the plant before they are fired.

It's as finished as it can be at this point. The one thing left that I had not taken care of was the bars. I had planned to do a flat arc type of bar but never could come up with the right one in time. After trying several in my stash that didn't look right, I robbed this set of board track bars off of a bike that I built several years ago. They really worked so they stayed!
100_5682.JPG

Got my final pictures taken a few hours ago. I'll go through them tomorrow when I get home and get them posted in the finished thread.

I remember those bars
Looking good

Latest posts

Back