QU14K-SILVER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The skeleton seat looks perfect on there. Just were thick pants.
At first I thought the tank was a bad idea. Is it metal or plastic? If it is metal and can be polished up it may work well. I would suggest making some cuts so that it rides a little lower on the bar though.

It’s a Metal tank off of a West Coast Chopper bicycle. Not using the tank, it was more of kidding around place it on there moment. I like the SK Frame too much to have to take away from it.

I do want to change the front end, maybe with a springer or so of some type. I’ll have to dig around in the bike storage #3 to see what I have.

BAD72691-C9C1-4980-B20C-862B51D6E0B1.jpeg
A9CCF23F-D95F-4F17-B2E9-7A3FAC8989F7.jpeg
Ok, back to square One, and I think it’s time to invest on a service bike stand. I found a smaller chainring and going to mount the chainguard fingers Crossed!

47D407D0-D0EB-4BDF-93CD-A8B68CEADB82.jpeg
E22986FD-BF27-4A6F-9592-BCC0824207F2.jpeg
Picked this up this morning at a local swap, not sure if it’s 24” or 26” but it does look like they reversed out the springer and spray bombed it with silver.
I’ll have to compare it against my 26” beehives and see if it could fit the build.

Looks like you have a bout a 1/2" of clearance on the leading edge of your rear tire. Pull that wheel in more towards the front, and see if you can make that ultra cool chain guard work!

The main chain ring section is off-center If I pulled it back.
Nope, don't touch the chain guard. Just push the rear wheel forward in the drop out. If the guard is mounted on the rear axel (hard to tell for sure in the photo) cut it free and use a bracket to hang the back end of the guard from the seat and chain stay. That chain guard, especially if you shot it with a matte silver rattle can spray to blend with the frame, is a really cool addition to your build!

Latest posts

Back