Quincy Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an old Quincy air compressor made into an engine and putting it on a bike that is mostly fabricated, but has a few scrounged parts.

quincyframe05.jpg

quincyframe06.jpg

quincyframe07.jpg

That's a neat idea there what's your plans on the rest the build like the gears

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a neat idea there what's your plans on the rest the build like the gears

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The blue prints are in my head, I just can't remember where!. Was going to be a belt drive only, but now will be a short belt to a short jackshaft and chain drive to the back.

I am really impressed! I love how different the engine is. I didn't even know you could use an air compressor engine that way. It's a good looking frame, as well. The only thing I can suggest is that you need to do something with the bottom of the engine, so it's not so awkwardly flat underneath.

They were still making Quincy Compressors in Quincy IL, Or at least there were when I left Quincy in 2000

That sounds really awesome! How did you make it/convert it? I would really like to try this.

Moving long slow, but it is getting there. I sort of moved away from the board track racer to a more original style. These photos are a couple weeks old, so it don't show the drive, which is almost done. I haven't mounted any fenders, but took a photo both ways for comparison. I haven't decided yet.
bike01.jpg

bike02.jpg

I think a bobbed rear fender but no front fender would look good.

Latest posts

Back