R32 Mark II (The Biltema Cruiser) (Pic update 11/9)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone!

I've added front and rear reflectors and I have run the wires for the headlight through the frame now! :D

I hate to be a party pooper, but the drum brake on this sucks! I bought a NOS 1951 unit back in 1993 and try as I might, the brakes would slow you down but it would never lock up the rear wheel. You need some kind of pulley arm instead of a cable to make it work decent. However, it does look extremely cool. Got a whole bike in trade for it a few years later.

That bike is simply awesome. If you can find it over there putting those wires inside a piece of braided stainless washing machine hose would look sweet and increase the motorcycle feel. You can get 5ft of the stuff for under $10 over here and the inside diameter is more than enough for your wires.

90142144.jpg

That would be cool! But the wires from the headlight are now wired in the frame... but the wires form the rear and a bit of the wires in front are "loose", I may be able to do that to those!

Haven't come around to doing something with hose yet, It may come! ButI was at my fathers work today, he's a car salesman,
and we went down to the basement where they stored all kinds of "treasures" they don't use anymore!
There we found these old licenceplate numbers that were used a long time ago in Sweden, and I thought they would make
a cool numberplate or licenceplate on the bike!
So I made this:

R32019.jpg

I cut a piece of aluminum to the size I wanted, drilled some holes.

R32020.jpg

I zip-tied the plate to the springer/girder whatever you call it, I used white/clear zipties instead of the black ones.

I think it came out great with the polished aluminum and black numbers!

R32021.jpg

Ok, so I'm not really happy with my bars on this bike... so I swapped them for some smaller bars, what do you think? The first style on the other pics or one of these:

R32025.jpg

R32022.jpg

Allso I swapped the bars on my "musclebike" for a pair of mini apes! But the old bars from this one wont fit the R32 due to the cross-bar it has.

Musclebike008.jpg

I decided to use the smaller bars, in the flipped position! It feels more "racingy" when you ride and it looks better I think!
R32026-1.jpg

Also I followed up on ACD's suggestion to use washinghose to cover the cables up front, and this is how it became:
R32028.jpg

I will probarbly shoot a riding video and some moore pics for the finished bike thread tomorrow, If it aint dark and snowy!

dude thnaks that thing is a straight six and a speed and lemme be the first to say DAG!
that thing hauls the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back