""RAD ROT"" Aug 1-Calling it a DONE DEAL!! pics added

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Pro Member
Aug 31, 2009
26,827
22,727
Historic Savannah
www.ratrodbikes.com
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 30 July-Lighting configuration change

Good choice to move the candle light. It competed with the rack visually and it looks great as a headlight. Do you have any hood ornament to mount on the candle light handle?
 
Jul 19, 2011
2,760
844
Central Indiana
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 30 July-Lighting configuration change

kingfish254 said:
Good choice to move the candle light. It competed with the rack visually and it looks great as a headlight. Do you have any hood ornament to mount on the candle light handle?
I have access to a handful of them but none really jumped out at me. I'm using my last few days of build time to look for something to use.
 
Jul 19, 2011
2,760
844
Central Indiana
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 30 July-Lighting configuration change

expjawa said:
kim_dude said:
That's a sweet rack. What's the little doodad detail on the rear "bumper"?
trailer hitch?

This bike is pretty cool overall, but why are you using such a bent fork?

Sorry.....didn't see your posts......

It's really not bent, but after looking at the pics again I can see how you'd think it is. And yes you're correct on the trailer hitch.
 
Mar 25, 2011
1,226
138
Rochester, NY
www.fordexp.com
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 30 July-Lighting configuration change

Chips_Mahoy said:
expjawa said:
kim_dude said:
That's a sweet rack. What's the little doodad detail on the rear "bumper"?
trailer hitch?

This bike is pretty cool overall, but why are you using such a bent fork?

Sorry.....didn't see your posts......

It's really not bent, but after looking at the pics again I can see how you'd think it is. And yes you're correct on the trailer hitch.
I'll take your word for it. The fork legs do look bent back in a number of different photos, from different angles, including one that's nearly directly from the side...
 
Jul 17, 2012
358
149
Qld, Australia
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 30 July-Lighting configuration change

That candle holder looked good both ways.
However making it the front and your plan b tail light with the carrier on the back works well too.

I like that you made the choice rather than set yourself up for more frustration.
As well as inspiring yourself for next year.
 
Jul 19, 2011
2,760
844
Central Indiana
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 30 July-Lighting configuration change

Kroozerdave said:
That candle holder looked good both ways.
However making it the front and your plan b tail light with the carrier on the back works well too.

I like that you made the choice rather than set yourself up for more frustration.
As well as inspiring yourself for next year.
Thank you sir! I wanted the profile look to be balanced out. The rear looked a little cluttered, which shouldn't make a difference on a Rat Rod Bike, but I felt better after doing it. Next year's RRBBO will be a good one. Not a winner, but a good one!
 
Jul 19, 2011
2,760
844
Central Indiana
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Done done done done.....

After changing the lighting around and double checking everything, I'm calling it done! I've got to do a couple little things to the "extra detail item" but it'll be done later today. Taking pics tomorrow. So I guess I did finish this in time after all!! YEA!! Ill start my finished thread as soon as I get the pics done. (Insert smiley eating popcorn here)
 
Jul 19, 2011
2,760
844
Central Indiana
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Aug 1-Calling it a DONE DEAL!!

Here's a couple quick shots of it finished, sans the extra detail item. I'll have a lot more in my finished thread.





 
The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles