""RAD ROT"" Aug 1-Calling it a DONE DEAL!! pics added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ""RAD ROT"" Update 30 July-Lighting configuration change

Good choice to move the candle light. It competed with the rack visually and it looks great as a headlight. Do you have any hood ornament to mount on the candle light handle?

kingfish254 said:
Good choice to move the candle light. It competed with the rack visually and it looks great as a headlight. Do you have any hood ornament to mount on the candle light handle?

I have access to a handful of them but none really jumped out at me. I'm using my last few days of build time to look for something to use.

expjawa said:
kim_dude said:
That's a sweet rack. What's the little doodad detail on the rear "bumper"?
trailer hitch?

This bike is pretty cool overall, but why are you using such a bent fork?

Sorry.....didn't see your posts......

It's really not bent, but after looking at the pics again I can see how you'd think it is. And yes you're correct on the trailer hitch.

Chips_Mahoy said:
expjawa said:
kim_dude said:
That's a sweet rack. What's the little doodad detail on the rear "bumper"?
trailer hitch?

This bike is pretty cool overall, but why are you using such a bent fork?

Sorry.....didn't see your posts......

It's really not bent, but after looking at the pics again I can see how you'd think it is. And yes you're correct on the trailer hitch.

I'll take your word for it. The fork legs do look bent back in a number of different photos, from different angles, including one that's nearly directly from the side...

That candle holder looked good both ways.
However making it the front and your plan b tail light with the carrier on the back works well too.

I like that you made the choice rather than set yourself up for more frustration.
As well as inspiring yourself for next year.

Kroozerdave said:
That candle holder looked good both ways.
However making it the front and your plan b tail light with the carrier on the back works well too.

I like that you made the choice rather than set yourself up for more frustration.
As well as inspiring yourself for next year.

Thank you sir! I wanted the profile look to be balanced out. The rear looked a little cluttered, which shouldn't make a difference on a Rat Rod Bike, but I felt better after doing it. Next year's RRBBO will be a good one. Not a winner, but a good one!

Re: ""RAD ROT"" Done done done done.....

After changing the lighting around and double checking everything, I'm calling it done! I've got to do a couple little things to the "extra detail item" but it'll be done later today. Taking pics tomorrow. So I guess I did finish this in time after all!! YEA!! Ill start my finished thread as soon as I get the pics done. (Insert smiley eating popcorn here)

Re: ""RAD ROT"" Aug 1-Calling it a DONE DEAL!!

Here's a couple quick shots of it finished, sans the extra detail item. I'll have a lot more in my finished thread.

54397072134711-vi.jpg

59397072139528-vi.jpg

01397072141039-vi.jpg

Oh yeah, definitely the right move with the headlight switch!
Way to go!

Latest posts

Back