BO15 Radarlux Space-Cadet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any thought to adding a strut on the back of the front fender? I think that straight line down the center of the bike would look better unbroken.
I'm toying with it , I'm not 100% sure if it would add or subtract from it. If I do it will be quite simple

Yep ,it was the right thing to do ...and yes they are generic cruiser stays cut up.
received_590012888561405.jpeg
received_1624132374410314.jpeg

This has to be one of the most "layered" builds ever. Keep on building it up. Each little bit makes it that much cooler!

I've not stopped , prepping for paint is not exciting . The paint that's going on may well be though . If it works ...and no I'm not saying yet . But I'm getting way ahead of myself , loads of prep to do still , but it's not exciting so i won't bore you . Thanks for all the positive comments by the way , it's really driving me on through my sanding funk :)

I've not stopped , prepping for paint is not exciting . The paint that's going on may well be though . If it works ...and no I'm not saying yet . But I'm getting way ahead of myself , loads of prep to do still , but it's not exciting so i won't bore you . Thanks for all the positive comments by the way , it's really driving me on through my sanding funk :)
The most important, yet least appreciated part of any paint job.

At least you are creating your own shapes, rather than just repairing the factory's design. I always find that much more satisfying.

Did you use any templates or gauges for mirroring the left and right sides of the body?

The most important, yet least appreciated part of any paint job.

At least you are creating your own shapes, rather than just repairing the factory's design. I always find that much more satisfying.

Did you use any templates or gauges for mirroring the left and right sides of the body?
Thanks and yes it is , there are no real wrong ways to build something like this , genuinely I had an idea what i wanted , but the details , not at all .
The chain cut out for instance . I cut out where it needed to go and made it a feature . Was going to bring the chain through a tunnel in the side but I'm liking the cut out better , besides a tunnel will have fussy adjustment tolerances and I'm planning riding it , not pushing it home when it breaks .
Been there done that
I cut the foam into straight profiles , did one side and made some cardboard profiles ( not many but some ) then I sort of split the difference eyeing it up looking from the top to the side if that makes sense? the headlight tubes are silicone sealant tubes and formed part of the datum points too . The rest I sort of busked as I went along . It kinda told me how it was going to be and that definitely makes no sense

Wow! What a build!

It is really interesting how the frame is not just a frame to hold mechanical components, but a frame to support, and clear, the body

Nice work!

I love the lights and fins. This build is all over the place temporally, late 50's futuristic Caddy wings with modern CNC turned aluminum bits on an art deco frame. It's imagined past futures meeting the present. o_O

I love the lights and fins. This build is all over the place temporally, late 50's futuristic Caddy wings with modern CNC turned aluminum bits on an art deco frame. It's imagined past futures meeting the present. o_O
I don't even know know what you just said :) but yeah if you mean its all over the place then yes it's got a real skitzo vibe going on ... Ideas keep happening , it's evolving . I don't even know how it will end up , let's see what falls out of the skip next . I've pulled something from the junk pile , another what if is occuring soon . The paint is coming together on the frame , if I pull this trick off it will be a " you did what with what" moment ? I may need to rub it all back and go again if it don't work , but what's the harm in trying eh.

You know that thing where you hoard stuff you might need one day ...oh and I did some paint things , more on that shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_183730239.jpg
    IMG_20200711_183730239.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20200711_185033875.jpg
    IMG_20200711_185033875.jpg
    398 KB · Views: 99

Latest posts

Back