Rainier Racer almost, she's on wheels! 9/11

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainier Racer head badge idea 6/21

Born to rat rod
photo19-1.jpg

Re: Rainier Racer head badge idea 6/21

Now that's a happy boy :!:

Re: Rainier Racer tank work and stick shift

Ape Stanger said:
Maybe if I spend some time perfecting my cutting skills:
photo16-1.jpg

photo17-1.jpg

If you need any inspiration on what you can do with beer cans on a bike, just check out BEER RUN from BO6.

Re: Rainier Racer tanks and tanks 6/25

Got some time today to sand the tanks. Not sure now if I want to keep them bright or paint them. I think I'll paint them:
photo21-1.jpg

And done sanding:
photo22.jpg

Those little notches on the top at the rear of the tanks are to accept the lugging. I'm not happy with it, but it's needed.

I took the picture on the oven for a clue to what I'm planning for graphics. The hint is badges not paint.

With all the wooden tanks this year, I think there is a homicidal lumberjack bunny on the loose!

lumberjack324.jpg

There are no tanks for Worksman bikes as far as I know and wood is familiar to me so that's what I chose to work with. I also like the idea of building something from my imagination and seeing it on something mechanical. It just does something for me.

Ape Stanger said:
There are no tanks for Worksman bikes as far as I know and wood is familiar to me so that's what I chose to work with. I also like the idea of building something from my imagination and seeing it on something mechanical. It just does something for me.

Trust me, I am not dissing any of the tanks at all!!!!! I think it is very cool and each one is differnt. There is so much that can be done with wood. It's interesting when different people come up with their own ideas at the same time. There are also more gender bender bikes this year than last, and more ladies bikes, etc.

None of the tanks that I have seen are copies of any other. Great creativity. Get ta cuttin, Peace!

Oh, I didn't think you were dissing me. As far as I can tell from your posts encouragement and props are all I see. Thanks for the bunny and following my thread.I'm really digging your build.

Diggin' this bike. Ya another reason I'm getting a saw! Peace

Peatbog said:
Hey, what's happening with that stick shift?

I'm kind of at a stand still until this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to put some paint on the frame and wheels.

Nice work! :D Tank looks great! :wink: That will make a cool headbadge! :mrgreen:

Re: Rainier Racer tank graphics rough 7/4

Slick!!!

Re: Rainier Racer tank graphics rough 7/4

Stripped, sanded and ready for paint:
photo24.jpg

With tank:
photo25.jpg

Free paint rack (was wardrobe rack) from freecycle.org (still waiting to find a killer bike or parts from this site):
photo26.jpg

Re: Rainier Racer stripped, sanded, paint ready 7/4

Those fork crowns are awesome!

kingfish254 said:
Those fork crowns are awesome!
Glad you noticed. I'm tapting them off when I paint and they will be getting clear coated. They arent perfect, but I like the pits and bits of brazing. I'm hoping it will go good with the brown primered rat rod look I'm shooting for.

Happy fourth. Thanks to all of our soldiers who have helped make all of this possible!

Looks awsome! Love the wooden tank and the graphics from the can. I think you you should go for a black tank with white lettering and maybe it would look cool with white rims and black tires insted of whitewalls, but I don't know, maybe worth it to try.

Can't wait to see it painted!

Thanks, The tank is going flat black with white graphics. Black tires are already mounted to my white rims so I will try that route first. My other thought was to do a black pin stripe on the profile of the wheels with white walls. I'm not happy with the color of primer I picked up. It's more pale brown than red. Still on the search for the right red color primer and flat clear coat. I also need to get the shifter brighter a brighter white to tie it in with everything. The last parts I need are a headlight and white grips. Unfortunately Summer quarter is bike blocking me!

Latest posts

Back