raised by robots

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rrb.jpg

me:
I am into photography, design, music, and lots of other things involved in the arts. I love to be creative and I try to keep learning new crafts. I really like anything retro. Bicycles, clothing, art, furniture, appliances, anything vintage. The latest something I've bought is a 60's silvertone portable record player. I need to watch myself
before I turn into a junk peddler.

interests:
Bikes! cruiser bicycles.
circuit bending.
long boarding (skate)
I am going to start screen printing my own clothing.
enjoying and creating music
flash animation.

what i do:
I'm going to school right now, so i work a lot of part time grocery store jobs.
But I am studying graphic design right now, I will soon be moving to Nashville to get into an art school for my bachelor's.

*speaking of design.... If ANYONE reading this wants a poster or something simple designed I will be more than willing to do it... free. Have a band or something? or maybe want to promote RRB or a swap meet? I can get you some cool poster designs. And I want to do this for myself... so this isn't some school assignment or anything. You can check out my temporary website theywillseeme to see some of my work

i'd better shut up now... here are some of the rides:

western flyer, 'Galaxy Flyer'
flyer1.jpg

flyer2.jpg

schwinn breeze
P2160033.jpg

P2160028.jpg

hi

welcome to the forum!
would you, could you maybe design a t-shirt for a Canadian Bicycle Build Off? i would get them printed, send you one of course, and offer them as prizes in a build off i started on chopperbikenet

lemme know if youre interested, any help would be greatly appreciated.
cheers

feel free to pm me or email me at [email protected]

Glad to have ya RBR.

Also glad to see a fellow designer here. 8)

Love that Galaxy and the Breeze. You given me some insiration for the Robin Hood 3 speed that I'm building for my wife.

Couldn't get your link to work....look forward to seeing some of your work.

Steve

Rat Rod said:
...glad to see a fellow designer here. 8)

Couldn't get your link to work....look forward to seeing some of your work.

Steve

thanks. What type of design do you do? I really don't work with anything other than print media right now. (hence the bad website) I'm really inexperienced with web and html, but I'm getting more comfortable with Flash. But you should try my site again, the slices load slowly... so its a little weird. The word "see" and "me" on that first page are links. It was meant to be an online portfolio.

raised by robots said:
What type of design do you do?

I do both print and web. I started off out of college doing an internship for a fortune 500 company on their corporate web team designing. It was cool because it was back in 1995-96 so the web was just taking off. My boss had to actually convince the company to let him create a website, ha ha! Since then I've worked on many web and print projects....working full-time as well as freelance. Believe it or not, I started off in Photoshop 1. Now on a G5 running all the CS2 goodies. Love my 23" cinema display.

You've done some really nice work. You should have no problem getting a job. I can tell your work is on the level because it could easily fit in to CA, Print or How magazines. It was also cool to see how your projects challenged you to accomplish specific goals with type, color, etc. Looks like you in a good program.

Glad to have a fellow designer on board.

welcome friend to this great forum. ok spill it how did you do that photo of yourself with the white streak? very cool and is that your van?

Rat Rod said:
I do both print and web. I started off out of college doing an internship for a fortune 500 company on their corporate web team designing. It was cool because it was back in 1995-96 so the web was just taking off. My boss had to actually convince the company to let him create a website, ha ha! Since then I've worked on many web and print projects....working full-time as well as freelance. Believe it or not, I started off in Photoshop 1. Now on a G5 running all the CS2 goodies. Love my 23" cinema display.

You've done some really nice work. You should have no problem getting a job. I can tell your work is on the level because it could easily fit in to CA, Print or How magazines. It was also cool to see how your projects challenged you to accomplish specific goals with type, color, etc. Looks like you in a good program.

Glad to have a fellow designer on board.

wow... thank you man. That is really nice to hear. Yeah I would love to be more involved in web design, but I think I need to hone my skills into one area. I've heard its rare for a serious print designer to have enough web skills to make an impact in both fields. But yeah, you gotta love CS2... the farthest I go back is adobe Pagemaker, so I'm fairly newschool. I would like to see some of your work, do you have any sites up that you have had a part in creating? Its also nice to know that someone else on this site is looking at type faces and page layout.

~cheers

karfer67 said:
welcome friend to this great forum. ok spill it how did you do that photo of yourself with the white streak? very cool and is that your van?

Yes, glad someone noticed. I did that with a digital camera and an LED flashlight. What you do is take a long exposure at night... and while the camera is exposing, you can basically draw with the light. After I ran around with the flashlight, I had a friend use a test flash to freeze me in the picture. It sounds weird, but its really easy.

And the van? oh I wish it was mine. That was in a parking lot at the beach I visited over the summer... I thought it made for an appropriate background for the picture. The van had a matching mini-trailer, with the bamboo paneling... it was quite an awesome display of retro action, almost too much to handle, ha.

im back

Well, I never really went away, but im back.

I just moved to Nashville, TN to go to Watkins College of art and design. Everything is going great, I really enjoy the new house. But I have been very busy lately, plus I have no garage to work in anymore! So thats why I havn't been posting what I've been doing on here in the past couple of months.

I just entered the new build off, so I will be able to join in the fun again. Hopefully I will be able to gather up enough parts to make a cool rider. I am dead broke right now, so I cant afford to go find a cool frame to work with. But its all good, it will be fun. I dont plan on winning or anything this time.

peace,
Julian

Hey Julian, good to see you back. i was just wondering about you yesterday...
im dead broke right now too and really on the fence about entering the BBO...
Good luck at watkins, i hear its a nice school.
-tom

tomb said:
Hey Julian, good to see you back. i was just wondering about you yesterday...
im dead broke right now too and really on the fence about entering the BBO...
Good luck at watkins, i hear its a nice school.
-tom

thanks man,

yeah, i dont really have the anything great planned for my BBO bike. Thankfully I have plenty of parts laying around to try to put something together. Watkins is great though, its a small school, and thats what I wanted.

peace

That 2nd photo is incredible.

Looks like it was taken straight out of a 50s catalog.

Something about the angle, the color saturation and the perfect little light burst off the handlebars.

Latest posts

Back