Raleigh Jeep

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whilst I was visiting my favorite bicycle recycling centre last week I spotted this 1970s Raleigh. I had to pay £40 for it but I love the gold paint and the rake. Usually I manage to sweet talk them into selling stuff before it refurb'd but this had already been cleaned (it was covered in so much bird poop that you couldn't tell the colour)
web.jpg

I see a muscle bike in there but need to find or buy ( :( :cry: ) a sissy bar and nanner seat as adult sized ones are like hens teeth.

Amazingly enough as I was leaving the guys turned up, back from the drop off spot with a girls version of the same bike that still had the mud guards on it. Maybe the previous owners only had room in their boot for one bike so they dropped them off at different times. Still undecided if I should pick up the girls frame. :?

That bike is COOL :p The color, forks, everything :mrgreen: I'd pick up the girls one too :wink:

I dunno. The girls one doesn't have a pump. :roll:

druggedonions said:
I dunno. The girls one doesn't have a pump. :roll:

So many comments to make, but let's just say that is a bird and bees topic.

Love the bike. I think Raleigh Gold is my favorite color of theirs. The rake on those forks is awsowe. I can definitely see a muscle bike in there! Check out Jake's White Wedding build.

kingfish254 said:
Check out Jake's White Wedding build.
Yeah, I've been following Jake's progress. He's doing a good job.

I need to go hunting for bits to make a sissy bar and banana seat. I'm gonna start two builds soon. And will be starting a couple of threads in the build forum when I've got a bit of time.

Cheers Jonnie

druggedonions said:
kingfish254 said:
Check out Jake's White Wedding build.
Yeah, I've been following Jake's progress. He's doing a good job.

I need to go hunting for bits to make a sissy bar and banana seat. I'm gonna start two builds soon. And will be starting a couple of threads in the build forum when I've got a bit of time.

Cheers Jonnie
Hey thanks guys!! I'm loving that rake also. That gold would look good with black or white. IMHO I'm glad ya going in that direction. I'll finish the bike this week cuz my dumba## cat has fleas and I just sprayed the basement. Fun huh?!? Good find...Get ta Buildin'!! Peace

Jake Sensi said:
I'll finish the bike this week cuz my dumba## cat has fleas and I just sprayed the basement. Fun huh?!? Good find...Get ta Buildin'!! Peace

Hey Jake, at least your didn't get that Scratch Fever that's been going around. :lol: :p

:mrgreen: Waiting on the "hurricane". First the earthquake now this. Went to nbw and it was closed. Freaking hippie cowards! Peace

Jake Sensi said:
Hey thanks guys!! I'm loving that rake also. That gold would look good with black or white. IMHO I'm glad ya going in that direction. I'll finish the bike this week cuz my dumba## cat has fleas and I just sprayed the basement. Fun huh?!? Good find...Get ta Buildin'!! Peace
I'm thinking black. Maybe black and white or black and orange seat?

It's a shame that your cat interupted your buildin'. My dumba$$ cat brings in larger things than fleas but I don't have to spray the garage after.

Cheers Jonnie

Latest posts

Back