Rat Bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool bikes!! It's hard to come up with anything new that hasn't been done on here before and I figured someone else had already done it. I thought about dipping the chain like you did but it feels ok as it is. I think I would kill myself with all of the spikes on your brothers bike :shock: Thanks for bringing your grips to my attention!!!

Haven't updated in awhile, but have enjoyed watching the other builds.
I seem to have a little friend hanging on just for fun :D
CIMG1156.jpg

I kept looking at the front end and feeling that it needed something else, so I tried making some different struts.
CIMG1163.jpg

I also felt that the big gap in the frame might look better covered, kind of like a tank or a number plate. Needless to say, I am no artist as my number testifies to!! :lol: It's not completely finished, but you get the idea. I'll post some better pictures when I am done.
CIMG1158.jpg

The bikes in this build keep getting better and better!! This has been fun!!

The wrap on the handle bars is tape to wrap the handle of a baseball bat/hockey stick. I wanted the chrome parts black so instead of painting the entire piece, I wrapped the largest portion. The fork is painted at the ends and then wrapped in the middle.

When I started to put this together, the stem was to long. I really didn't want to cut it so I found that this seat clamp was the perfect size to fill in the gap.
CIMG3085.jpg

CIMG3114.jpg

Another shot of the chain handgrips.
CIMG3111.jpg

Some moon eyes.
CIMG3088.jpg

CIMG3095.jpg

A couple shots of the seat that I picked up here on the forum awhile back. It is an electra that is really comfortable.
CIMG3119.jpg

CIMG3118.jpg

I've always like Rat Fink.
CIMG3107.jpg

Here's another shot of the skip-tooth chain I used for a brake strap.
CIMG3094.jpg

Here's a shot of the bike with the side panels on that I have been stumped on. I have them just black now. The picture here is not great but the weather in Middle TN has been less than cooperative for picture taking.

What do you think, side panels or not??
CIMG3083.jpg

CIMG3082.jpg

CIMG3081.jpg

Latest posts

Back