Rat Fink Cruiser in need of a rack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys wanted to see if u all know of a chrome rear rack that fits on the Electra Rat Fink bike I have. The rear tire is wide and I wrote Electra and they said there's don`t fit. Just looking for something simple so I can bungee a shirt or jacket on it

thanks for any help

You can use Electra racks, if you fabricate adapters. I run one on my bike, that used to be a Ghostrider once.
266ca3a740792de8fe6970895286ad64.jpg

2VI4YmF

wow thanks so much that should be simple

So their Electra racks are WIDE enough for the 3 inch fatty tire then?

was there a specific Electra rack that worked best?

they have a rack on their web site that its for 26inch frame CRUISER ALLOY REAR RACKS MEN'S and it says under description
  • "Will not fit Straight 8, Rat Fink, Ghostrider or other Electra bikes with hydroformed frame"

Yes, they do not fit without the adapters, because of the distance to the seat tube. But with the adapters they fit great, i put quite a few of them like that already. The ladies rack fits better actually, since it mounts lower then the mens version. It clears tires and fenders with no problem, plenty of space left. Just use some spacers (or nuts) on the bolts when attaching the rack to the dropout holes, so the rack stays clear the seat stays.
d982589f8699cc84576105ed0c087bf9.jpg

Last edited:
I also put a rack like that on mu friends Rat Fink recently, and it fit even without adapters. But then you'd need to use two seatpost clamps, original one and one that is sold with the rack above it. For that you'd need to grind the limiting edge on the clamp. I do not have a photos of that to show you, sorry. But i still prefer the option above over this one, since aluminium one is lighter and you never have to worry about rust.
368424_2JoClddxhjtOsZ.jpg

Hey Starenger thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it

Amazon has both mens and womens.....funny mens is only $48 but women's is $61.77

there essentially the same? I notice no dimensions are available

Hey Starenger thanks so much for the help I really appreciate it

Amazon has both mens and womens.....funny mens is only $48 but women's is $61.77

there essentially the same? I notice no dimensions are available
They are same, except for the drop of the mounting points. Men's bikes have same geometry, except for higher seat tube. So the rack mounts are higher on the men's version. I have never tried to put men's one on one of those bikes. You can try and share the result! I think the angle of rack could change, and it won't be parallel to the ground, or maybe you just tighten the adapters on the different angle.

Latest posts

Back