Rat King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YO I JUST SAW THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME!! YO THAT FRAME IS KRAZY!!

Here is a closer pic of the wings on the frame.

newstuff003.jpg

Man that looks soo sweet!!!!
I didn't even notice the fork lock before.
Have Fun!

Peatbog said:
Dude! Using the bunny in an attempt to gain leverage in a bike coup. Man, that is just wrong.*

*Besides, I want the bike.

Then you should've made a bunny graphic.

soulshine73 said:
wrong kind of bunny though :wink: .

How bout this type of bunny, would that get me the bike?????
Babs_the_Playboy_Bunny.jpg

I have tools in hand at this very moment and I am on the fence about taking the fork off. Cut the fork?? Can't do that! Giving myself a heart attack ova here!

Re: Rat King **mock up**

Oh well. Too late now. Took the original fork off and it seemed to come off without a hitch. Threw some parts on it that I had laying around and did a quick mock up. I really want to use the X 53 chain guard but the crank rubs :cry: so I am going to have to try another crank set. I have a few to choose from (colorflow, X53 or schwinn sweetheart). I seem to like the stance with the lowrider springer but I will try a few other springers just for the heck of it. It might look cool as a chopper too. It's still to early but this mock up maybe the direction I am going with this. I would like to keep with the "winged" theme so I am digging around to see what I have in my stash. Maybe a schwinn feather chain guard would look better, due to the fact it would match the wing on the top bar.

photo-1.jpg

Glad it came off without a hitch.
Love the book rack tall sissy bar.
This would look awesome as a chopper!!!!!!!!!

Stopped off at my LBS and took some photos for you. This one is a 24" version.

WP_0017342.jpg

WP_001733.jpg

WP_001061.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Looks nice all polished up. Guess I am going to have to do that as well. Mine is a 24 inch also. The 26 inch rims just happen to fit, without the original fenders though due to the rear tail light housing. I believe most of the Monark and Hawthorne aluminum bikes were 24 inch. 26 inch is rare. I think they only made the 26 for one year (1941). At least that's what I have been told.

soulshine73 said:
Thanks for the pic. Looks nice all polished up. Guess I am going to have to do that as well. Mine is a 24 inch also. The 26 inch rims just happen to fit, without the original fenders though due to the rear tail light housing. I believe most of the Monark and Hawthorne aluminum bikes were 24 inch. 26 inch is rare. I think they only made the 26 for one year (1941). At least that's what I have been told.

There were only two 26 inch aluminum Silver Kings...the Silver King 26x and the HexTube, all other Silver Kings were 24 inches. Because of the long wheel base on the 24" frames, they ride as comfortable as a 26" bike and can easily except 26" tires with the removable of their fenders.

Picked these up at an antique shop in Bethleham,NH while purchasing a pair of Raleigh Choppers. I am going to incorporate them into my build off bike somehow. Don't know how I am going to power them yet. I have a repop pre war battery tube that may work but I don't know if it would power 3 lights.

boothpics.jpg

Latest posts

Back