Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50 degrees with 70% chance of rain here in ICT on Wednesday. It continues to be cool, wet and windy here. Should be OK for some tear down though.
Game Plan:
Tear down, assess, clean, fab, fit, tweak, repair, refinish, mock-up, experiment, remove/add, adjust, decide, source, finalize, assemble, test, adjust, ride, show and document, document, breathe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's about the same plan I have. Tear it apart and assess the situation. Then decide how to put it back together.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'll have visions of sugar plums in my head tonight...
0dd1250ebcee4973eb4637967350a2bc.jpg
c6d339d86c9e3479933267ee4e1861b8.jpg
f9e289e7b62257c4a8d440233eb6846f.jpg

How many have workshops...and how many are working mainly outdoors? I am outside, vise lag bolted to a tree stump, battling the elements, letting the neighbors laugh at me for the millionth time,lol
I have a bench in a storage shed with a vice and a small bench sander and bandsaw. Generally work on bikes outside. Not a shade tree mechanic though, as we have no shade trees. [emoji16]

How many have workshops...and how many are working mainly outdoors? I am outside, vise lag bolted to a tree stump, battling the elements, letting the neighbors laugh at me for the millionth time,lol
Some work in garage, some on driveway and probably most in backyard under shade and on patio. The shade tree work lets the dogs spend more time outside. The Beagle likes to watch the work. More elbow room out back. Tools are portable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods can I use the rims/tires and electric motor from last year? my build never got off the ground due to some unfortunate life circumstances, will be a different frame design ect. than last year, just the rims/tires/motor would be the same.
No problem.

I used to be outside, then a bench undercover, now I built a workshop, this is my first build-off using it...
shed.jpg

Well, it's 34F and snowing hard, not quite a blizzard but the ground is white, again. There is still a lot of snow where plows and drifts piled it up and the side road that were used for snowmobiles are still a frozen slushy mess. I can't bring myself to go outside to the shop to take pictures to start a build thread. My enthusiasm has wained. I'll read by the fire.

Well, it's 34F and snowing hard, not quite a blizzard but the ground is white, again. There is still a lot of snow where plows and drifts piled it up and the side road that were used for snowmobiles are still a frozen slushy mess. I can't bring myself to go outside to the shop to take pictures to start a build thread. My enthusiasm has wained. I'll read by the fire.
I feel you, my northern friend. We have only 40 and cold rain here, no white stuff. Still not really inspired, but I do have a propane 'ice shack' heater in the BACK40 to take the edge off.

Start your thread with some story telling, and a pic of your fire....

I feel you, my northern friend. We have only 40 and cold rain here, no white stuff. Still not really inspired, but I do have a propane 'ice shack' heater in the BACK40 to take the edge off.

Start your thread with some story telling, and a pic of your fire....
The blurry spot in the photo is a humming bird sticker on the window to keep birds from crashing into it and dying.
IMG_1451.JPG

Question - sorry!

I have a frame that I traded for that is not stock.
I am not a welder so it is as fabricated as it’s going to get.
I will enter into whatever category that the moderators determine is appropriate.
It’s all about the fun of the build and being inspired by other’s ideas for me.
Please advise. Let the games begin!
37A8E2C8-73D4-4DAC-ADA0-0B527B5DD6D5.jpeg

Latest posts

Back