Rat Rod Bikes Build Off #14?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s interesting to see the number of parts for sale during the Build Off. Lots of finishing touches both on Rat Rod Bikes and on The CABE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Wratters!! I'm back!! Who's ready for the Return of the Tomfoolery?!? Reveal soon. So you Wratters and Slackers.
Let's...Get Ta Buildin'!! Peace
IMG_20190427_204012_384.jpg

I'm still lurking from the sidelines, waiting for a chance to start my last minute entry as soon as I get to the planned timeslot in my summer holiday planning... :whistle:
aka I need to drag my family to the camping ground, where my impromptu workshop is located in the awning of the caravan... :wink1:
Maybe I'll get there next weekend, after the week long swimming course of my two boys is over. Projects are ready and waiting (two bikes that need serious attention to become street ready and one BO bike..) :rockout:

Last edited:
How many people are still building? Not much action.

Coaster Brake Garage
Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. I 've tried to 'bump' people up to the front with some inquiries about the status of their build. I think the additional month added only increase the procrastination, not the participation. :confused:

I always get busy with ending my summer job at the bike shop, transitioning to the school schedule, and wedging a week long vacation in to the month of August. That's part of my motivation for getting on my build full force in May and finishing it early.

Plus, you can't hold off inspiration! :grin:

I always jump on my builds early on because of initial excitement and anticipation. Something unforeseen always seems to come up that pulls me away from the build. Last summer it was two cataract surgeries and family stuff. This summer too much rain, family reunion and a Texas road trip over the week of the 4th. More interruptions coming on the calendar. And watching the TOUR take few hours out of the July days.
At my age you are glad to wake up each morning and not see your name published in the obituaries.
I’m mostly done except for a photo shoot and a possible show or two. Not completely sold on my build tires, tread is a little too aggressive for casual riding.
I need to schedule a marathon build viewing session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Unfortunately I'm going to be out of town when the voting starts.

I'm looking for a volunteer to create the voting posts with the polls and photos like we've done in the previous years.

Let me know if you'd be willing to help out...Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm going to be out of town when the voting starts.

I'm looking for a volunteer to create the voting posts with the polls and photos like we've done in the previous years.

Let me know if you'd be willing to help out...Thanks!

Steve @Rat Rod , I should be able to do this. Send me a message with what is involved.

Latest posts

Back