Rat Rod Furniture / Home Decor

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you got any ratrod, custom, cool, funky or unique furniture and/or home decor?

A couple pieces I recently refinished giving them a distressed look.
We needed a tv/media stand for the basement. Was looking for something other than a ready made tv stand. We came across this old buffet.

Before
IMG_0465.JPG

During
media_cabinet.jpg

After
buffettvmediacabinet.JPG

This is a night stand made by an uncle in high school shop around 60 years ago.
Before pictured with other pieces I recently acquired
oldfurniture.JPG

After
night_stand-2.jpg

Awesome decor! I usually end up with oddball carparts such as a 6-71 blower for book ends. I think my wife would like your look better!

Thanks dragnusa , mikeeebikey.

jadewombat said:
Call this guy if you're up in Wilmington, N.C. He's super cool and makes some awesome stuff.

http://jakeschopshop.com/gallery.php
Oh yeah. Furniture from car parts would be the ultimate I think.

Chips_Mahoy I've yet to get the wife to let me include any bicycles as a decor. I did make this but we've yet to agree on a place to permanently hang it. This is 26". I may make another smaller one.

bicycle_tire_peace_sign.jpg

More old signs...
old_metal_signs_above_bar.jpg

I think you could give those two ladies on Texas Storage Wars a run for their money Randy. :D

Love that painted patina look on that furniture...will have to show my wife. :wink:

Loco-I don't have a wife to have to run the ideas past so it's easy for me. IF I get a female in my life that I would gave to seek approval from before adding some "art" to the decor, she had better love it or leave it.... :wink:

Nicksgarage-I've seen that and it WILL be incorporated into my new place one way I another!

Texas Storage Wars huh? I'll have to check it out.

Thanks fixed1313. Now that I'm retired I'm spending more time in thrift-type stores looking for stuff to refinish, re-purpose etc... Post some photos of your stuff.

NicksGarage my Wife would probably draw the line at that even as cool as it is.

Chips_Mahoy I'd probably get way carried away if I didn't have the wife to kinda keep me from going overboard.

Made these the other day. Kind of a combination chalk/dry-erase board from an old picture frame. Had to move the Exit sign seen in other photo.
picture_frame_chalk_dry_erase_board-after.jpg

We were given this end table lamp minus the shade. I made one from a golf ball bucket my Dad found.
end_table_lamp.jpg

Thats some nice work Joe 8) You must have a big tin of that green paint! :lol: :lol: :lol:

My fiance and I are really into art deco to mid century modern furniture and design. Throw in some kustom kulture and retro kitsch influence and we've got a fairly eclectic mix of stuff at our place.

loungeroom-003.jpg

loungeroom-004.jpg

loungeroom-008.jpg

Our two tiki cabinets :p
1.jpg

5.jpg

And a thrown together industrial lamp
tripod-lamp-005.jpg

tripod-lamp-009.jpg

Oh Hostess how I miss you.....You guys have cool furniture by the way, my house is super boring.

Newest addition to our home decor a commercial grade eagle gum ball machine. this makes the 3rd commercial grade machine we have we also have another new square machine and a roadrunner spiral machine and many collectable machines.
IMG_20130318_012200_zps55300cac.jpg

Latest posts

Back