RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Rat Fink fan? Weird Ohs model fan? Hot rod car fan? Born with styrene in your genes? THIS IS FOR YOU!

This is the first ever on Rat Rod Bikes forum "RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE" ! What is a kit bash you say. Here's the dealy boo: You take a model car kit, and you take a model kit of the Weird Ohs / Rat Fink / other such character variety, add some scratch built parts and tid bits here and there, then you;
BASH THEM TOGETHER!

The rules will be few and far between. But basically, these are the requirements for the challenge:
1. Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash starts on September 15 and goes till December 15, 2020. The builds must be started and completed between these dates. You may use disassembled parts from previously made kits, as well as partial kits to begin.
2. All builds need to include at least one car / vehicle (boat, plane,motorcycle,etc) based kit, and one kit of a completely different variety, such as the Rat Fink themed kits or the Weird Ohs kits. Scratch built parts are strongly encouraged!
3. Documentation of the builds will be in this thread on the forum, and all builders will share the same thread. When you post a new stage of your build, please start your comment with the name of your build; like this example I will use for my build. It should look like my first comment post on this thread following the description of the kit bash.

If you have any questions, now or along the way, please direct them to me, OddJob, as I will be monitoring this challenge along the course of the build-off / kit bash.

The weather will soon turn cooler, time to huddle in your cozy corners around the world , pull out the Testors paint and glue, sharpen your cutting tools, and air up the air brush! Here we go!

Last edited:
'32 Ford Dra-Hag-ster
This is my first post for the Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash ( RRMKB for short!) In anticipation of this challenge build - off , I had ordered a couple of kits late this summer. I will be using the Revell '32 Ford 5-Window Coupe 2'n1 kit for my car kit. My other kit will be the Hawk Co. Weird-Ohs kit "Drag Hag".

I built Weird Ohs back in the '60s as a kid. Loved the wacky, out there, look of the models! Now, as a kid in my 60's, I'm back at it again!

Looking forward to seeing what all y'all bring to the table; model building table that is!
'32 Hag Rod 1.jpg

'32 Hag Rod.jpg

And as I always say....RaT oN~!

Very cool! I used to build a lot of models as a kid, but haven't touched one since then. Been a long time since I sniffed that Testors glue.

Join the fun Kingfish! I haven't built a model in 15 years sinceI built Rat Fink in honor of the new Electra bicycle line of 'hot rod' cruisers, and their Rat Fink model bike.

Rule clarification. Does it have to be a "car"? Can it be an airplane or other vehicle?

Also, since they will be "bashed" together into one model. Is it fine if neither models have all of their parts to start with.

Welcome aboard @KJV ! Remember when you post updates, start with your build name in bold. Like this: Robin Hood & Little Willy. That way we will know it's an update, and not just a comment on one of the builds. Thanks for joining!

@gowjobs , you are pro level at this kind of thing

Welcome to the RRMKB @gowjobs ! This is going to be fun!
Remember when you post updates, start with your build name in bold. Like this: Jack Wagon. That way we will know it's an update, and not just a comment on one of the builds. Thanks for joining!

Baron von RAThofen and his Funfdecker Fokker

Well, I just bought my first model kits since I was a kid. I always loved the Dave Deals Wheels models as a kid. Looks like some of them have crazy prices now, but I did get an offer accepted on an incomplete Baron and his Funfdecker Fokker model. I built one of these as a kid. Looks like it is only missing the plane body and propeller.

Revell 703 Barongd.jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

I'm going to "bash" this together with this Lil Red Baron kit

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back