RAT ROD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just want to say this is a awsome site ,its so cool, you can post your creation and check out others and get great help from everybody on the site ,great job!

thanks from a fellow Texan. I feel happy and lucky to have become a part of this great community.

Hello, I am 58 and restoring a bike that I got Christmas of 64, a Sears Spaceliner in which I got off ebay last November. It is mostly complete and org, and would be concidered a 'barn freash' condition. I have completely taken it apart, cleaned,regreased and polished the chrome and overall, stills shines up pretty well. The seat is out being redone and the plastic chrome pieces (reflector housing, crank cover and dash) just came back from the chrome shop. The rear rack and the tank has been striped and repainted with an auto paint color as close to org as possible. The tank is minus the chrome plastic cover as will as the lense, light housing and battery holder. I all most scored a girls tank complete with a cover, light/lense and battery holder but atlas, more bucks then I wanted to let go.

My question is; which fourm would be best for me to see if someone out there has the parts to complete the headlight housing of my Spaceliner?

I will send some pics as progress continues on the resto.

Moparpaul :D

This site is the perfect retreat from the forums patrolled by the spandex guys. Spandex guys are great riders and have a lot of tech knowledge, but are generally very unreceptive to ideas involving coolness and aesthetics.
Spandex guys also believe that if you add a gas or electric assist motor to one of your bikes, that you have lost all interest in pedalling and coronary heart disease is imminent for you. I rode many group rides with spandex guys/gals last spring while preparing for the MS-150.
Thank you for creating a "spandex free" forum where we can just have fun.

gotta say thanks for this sight too, so nice to find one without the normal flaming etc that goes on! good to see so many different bikes and there is something to appreciate on each one. I like the fact that your a regular guy like the rest of us (well most of us!) and that your willing to spend time setting all this up for us to perve at, and swap ideas (steal ideas).
Also hats of to you for saying what you believe in when most of us dont.
Hopefully ill be able to make a positive contribution to your monster you have created....

Hey.

I don't know how I haven't seen this thread until now. Just wanted to say thanks for for setting up such a cool site, it's so freshing to see a forum without an attitude problem!

Great to hear you're a christian too, and about the work you're doing! So greetings from Lansdowne Baptist Church across the pond.

Your brother in Christ,
Jon

New guy here that just wanted to join in the chorus - Love the site!

Love the way you layed it out in the rules, too - makes for a very pleasant vibe which seems hard to find at a lot of sites.

I would say "thank you" too, but not sure if I really can. I was on my way out of this hobby (and looking forward to getting my garage and basement back) when I stumbled on to this site. Now...not so sure!

As for rollin' with the Lord - likewise.

No one better to roll with.

Thanks for putting this site together, I just started looking at some of the builds, some amazing stuff, def inspiring, I got a 1952 Dutch bike in my basement selected for the first build, gonna work on my welding and painting skills.

Just another fan of the site saying, "THANKS BRAH!!" This is a great resource for Rat Rod Bike info and to meet cool people with a similar interest.
I feel like I have learned quite a bit in the short month that I have been a member, so I want to give a shout out to the other members as well. Thanks for being helpful and not full of yourself!!
Apparently, douchebags don't like Rat Rod Bikes, which is a big relief.

Thanks for being helpful and not full of yourself!!
Apparently, douchebags don't like Rat Rod Bikes, which is a big relief.
i'll second that!!! this place is better than family!

can i say it in spanish??

Gracias por el tiempo y el esfuerzo puesto en este proyecto, esta pagina es una de las inspiraciones que tuve para comenzar a construir bicicletas, y eso hay que agradecerlo.

es genial encontrar tanta gente que se apasione con lo mismo que yo porque en mi pais no hay nada como esto hasta donde yo conosco. asi que millones de gracias y espero que siga creciendo mas y mas.

can i order a t- shirt??? i'm in Monterrey Mexico.

now in english.

Thanks for the time and effort put into this
project, this site is one of the inspirations
I had to start building bikes, and this must be
thankful.

is great to find so many people who fall in love with the
same things as i do , because in my country there is nothing like this
as far as I know. so a lot of thanks and
I hope RRB continue to grow more and more.

Bendiciones
Sr. KIWI

Thanks Steve this site rocks - and rolls too

Ive been hovering over this site for i dont know how long now and have noticed how large it has become, packed full of great bikes, ideas, information and like minded people
and just browsing through this forum made me realise such a nice bunch of people are here!

Aint there just somthing about the colour combo of a rat rod -is there a psycological attraction to the colours Red White and Black if so ive got it ?

Well done Steve for getting this going.

So glad I clicked on your signature, I knew this site was friendly, but didn't realize it's Christian backing. Tremendous!

I see you welcomed me in the Intro forum, so you probably saw that I am a full-time youth pastor. Other connections? I got my degree in Advertising, but out of college I worked doing website and graphic design for about 4 years at the ECU School of Medicine. My dad has 3 Buick GNs and my father-in-law has a business that specializes in installing Audio/Video/Automation systems in churches ( saenc.com).

I hope the Lord is blessing you in all you do, thanks for this forum, it's helping me put aside some more expensive hobbies and get back to things more simple.

yoothgeye said:
So glad I clicked on your signature, I knew this site was friendly, but didn't realize it's Christian backing. Tremendous!

I see you welcomed me in the Intro forum, so you probably saw that I am a full-time youth pastor. Other connections? I got my degree in Advertising, but out of college I worked doing website and graphic design for about 4 years at the ECU School of Medicine. My dad has 3 Buick GNs and my father-in-law has a business that specializes in installing Audio/Video/Automation systems in churches ( saenc.com).

I hope the Lord is blessing you in all you do, thanks for this forum, it's helping me put aside some more expensive hobbies and get back to things more simple.

Thanks man!

Sounds like we were separated at birth. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back