RAT ROD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It all started back on Sept. 1, 2006 when I decided to put a forum together for folks who enjoyed the rat rod style of bike. After spending many hours on the Schwinn forum I realized that there was quite a bit of interest in building these bikes so I decided to have a go at it. Something about building bikes from old parts on the cheap seemed fun.

I'm 42, a professional graphic designer. I have been in the business for 16 years now. Started my career as a web designer for a Fortune 500 company for 6 years and then decided to get out of the corporate rat race and enter the world of Christian ministry work. I've been doing web and print design for churches, missionary organizations and other evangelical ministries for 12 years now.

I grew up around hot rods, car shows and drag racing and spent several years racing and showing Buick Grand Nationals and GSs. Had to give all that up once the kiddos arrived and that's how I got into the bikes. I'm interested in just about anything with wheels, but these days, its gotta be cheap.

Thanks to everyone for joining the forum and making it a cool place to hang out. Looking forward to many more creative posts.

Thank you for the opportunity to allow us to "meet" one another and share bikes, ideas and an appreciation for anything about bikes. I don't think I would be "talking" to new friends across this country and especially our neighbors to the north without this forum.

Wunderin when U'd git around to it

Hey thanks for steppin forward and putting a site like this for outsiders of the bike world...not resto purists , factory riders or Full blown fabrications We are somewhere in the space between childhood and old age and lucky enough to still enjoy addiction of a hobby, passion of diffrence and love of life [style].......later

you're avatar is that on a T shirt?? :shock: :| 8)

we walk through life and we spend way to much time
thinking about the past..and worrying about the future!
Never living in the moment..the only thing we have any
controll over..."The Moment!"

If I go in this door..wait no! I can't go in their!
what if?....what if?...what if?

You Steve, made a move...used the skills you
worked so hard to achieve
and in one fall swoop brought together
Hundreds of people......

good on yaa for that!

glad to be here,
peace,
Kev.

the man with a hotrod past rules!
he had the skilz to build the site before he built his first real rat rod bike.... took the chance and its taking off!!
wont be long and he will be building more and more hehehe
now everyone help the guy out and BUY SHIRTS!!... they are super cool I have 2! if he dont have your size buy one for the lil lady or your kids.... everyone should wear one!
Hooch

Thanks guys...yall are awesome. :D

I definitely know more about design than bike building, ha ha! I'm no programmer so if certain things seem goofy with the forum, well, it's because I can't figure it out.

Just glad to be able to provide a fun place to trade info and to learn about building poor man's hot rods!

I'll second a big "Thank You" to RatRod for bolting this site together.

This site is far greater than the sum of its parts :D

-Mp

Build it and they will come. great site, great bikes and yes, great people. Happy to be here. Oh yeah, do buy a shirt, it's the least we can do to help out ratrod. Anyways, they are awesome shirts. Amen brothers and sister.

:D I Do got Guts.. At least 1 big one. Haha

a big THANK YOU from Germany, too.
That site gave me so much inspiration on recent and future projects that I had to convince most of my friends to let me build bikes for them so that the ideas can get out of my head and on the streets...

yo steve, your the new wonder.lol. great site, luv being here. the short time i have been here a few people have found parts for me that i have not been able to find. i thank them all an a big thank you to you for bringing over a thousand people together an still growing to the best site there is.

Outlaw :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

very rarely does a day go by i dont check out this site with my kids by my side
knowing they are only going to see things that are really cool
and not have to worry about things they dont need to see...

we tinker with ideas that are spawned, stolen or, inspired by the people on this site ...
bringing my family closer, stronger, and healthier ...

So once again i say thanks Steve all your hard work has really brought some happiness
into the world.. :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back