Rat style Hotwheels and other Kustoms

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspired by Highridah and not wanting to highjack his thread( He did an awesome job on that car), here are a few kustoms I've made with Hotwheels and such. Another of my too many hobbies.

Bugatti

BugFinal.jpg

PICT0005-3.jpg

PICT0007-3.jpg

Van

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

55 Chevy

IMG_0319-1.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

There small size make for projects that don't take forever to complete. A week end usually compared to years sometimes for the 1/24 plastic stuff.

Hey Gerry, those are COOL 8) How did you make the rust on the Chevy :?:

First you make your "rustspot" with flat black paint and then you add flat rust or brown colored paint making sure you leave some black around it. It creates the illusion of depth. I use a very small brush and magnifying glasses because I'm getting old. The "drip" is made with flat rust colored paint heavily diluted with thinner and brushed down to create the effect. I did the same thing on the van. I then did a dry brush of flat gray on the body, rust color on the wheels and covered the whole thing with Krylon flat clear. Result, one ratted out Treasure Hunt.

Spokeshave said:
Here's a few of mine...

100_1624.jpg

Lets see...I'll take the one with the surfboards and the gray one behind it :wink:

Outstanding work BOTH of you :D

Here's a 1/72 WW1 German plane I did a while ago. Scratch built engine and gun. The kit was crap to begin with and to top it off only 2 pictures for reference of this plane anywhere on the net. It was a lot of fun. Btw, that's a Canadian nickel.

DSCN1607.jpg

Here are a few more I did. 1/72 WW1 biplanes(another hobby of mine)
and my own casting of the Bluesmobile in 1/87 HO scale with decals and some HO scale bikers I 'bashed together.

germanww1.jpg

blue1flickr.jpg

Choppers.jpg

Yeah it sure seems that way. Thanks for the kind words. PS if anyone's interested in my unfinished HO scale automobile castings PM me as I sell them to finance my hobbies. thanks for looking. :D
Here's a 1/25 scale rat rod with a flathead.
roadster.jpg

roadsterchassis.jpg

Some of my 1/87 HO scale Mopars-
'70 Chargers and '69 Roadrunners ( I own a 1970 Charger in 1:1 scale)
charger70b.jpg

Roadrunner1.jpg

And another shot of the Bluesmobile with roof speaker. Chicago PD Monaco,'63 Pontiac Catalina and a '60 Ford wagon all in HO scale.

100_1632.jpg

theres some cool stuff here we should have a modelers topic i tried hot wheels before but most on mine got destroyed flying down the 40 foot long track me and my brother made

Dude those are sweet, I have a ton of hotwheels cars i want to try that on.

Nice to see some other Hot Wheels collectors here. I do some cusotmizing myself. This last winter I did a custom of Toy Story when Woody and Buzz are chasing the truck and of Back To The Future II as Biff crashes into the manure truck.

Great stuff there. Rico,I dig the diorama.
I thought I was the only one repainting old diecast. :D
100_1766.jpg

100_1767.jpg

hey , there is something about bikes and diecast that goes together :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back