BO15 Ratcumbent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bikes final plans are falling apart quickly. I was supposed to meet with Karl from Zzipper design to pick up a fairing last weekend to make the bike resemble a bubble top. I was called in to work extra so we were going to meet this weekend. Now that whole part of the state is burning badly and his shop is in the middle of it. Hopefully his home and shop do not get consumed by it. Ash is coming down like light snow this morning in Hollister and the air is very bad. I might not be finishing by the deadline

Take care JP. Your bike build is well on it's way, and your finishing touches will come in time.
I hope your friend's shop and home will be spared. And that you all are safe as well. May the winds blow in your favor and the fires be controlled!

This bikes final plans are falling apart quickly. I was supposed to meet with Karl from Zzipper design to pick up a fairing last weekend to make the bike resemble a bubble top. I was called in to work extra so we were going to meet this weekend. Now that whole part of the state is burning badly and his shop is in the middle of it. Hopefully his home and shop do not get consumed by it. Ash is coming down like light snow this morning in Hollister and the air is very bad. I might not be finishing by the deadline
Oh no! As much as I want to see you finish Ratcumbent, I really just hope you and your friend are spared from the fire that you're facing. I'll be praying that you'll be safe.

Sorry, I wont be finishing on time. We are now on evacuation warning notice and packed up if it happens. My brothers house burned and its coming this way at zero containment. Im not counting on the seat to be done with the chaos going on here. Maybe another time for me
AB9A99B5-3471-4B83-9996-5921695690A7.jpeg

Sorry, I wont be finishing on time. We are now on evacuation warning notice and packed up if it happens. My brothers house burned and its coming this way at zero containment. Im not counting on the seat to be done with the chaos going on here. Maybe another time for meView attachment 134439
Sorry to hear all that John. Stay safe.

I was looking forward to seeing your build completed, but I'd much rather know that you and your family are safe. Best wishes for you from the east coast.

Last edited:
We are safe and Im pretty sure Zzipper designs was consumed by fire. 5 coworkers and the owners of the Santa Cruz boardwalk have lost their homes and the Swanton Pacific Railroad was consumed. I wont be doing any cycling or even working in the garage any time soon. The 2020 Apocalypse continues to challenge us and we arent giving up

We are safe and Im pretty sure Zzipper designs was consumed by fire. 5 coworkers and the owners of the Santa Cruz boardwalk have lost their homes and the Swanton Pacific Railroad was consumed. I wont be doing any cycling or even working in the garage any time soon. The 2020 Apocalypse continues to challenge us and we arent giving up
Real sorry to hear that John. As long as you and your family and friends are safe, that's all that matters. Stay positive and stay safe. I'll be praying for you.

Wow! Sorry for your community! Glad you are staying safe. I hope you home stays flame free too. Hang in there man. Bikes don't matter at a time like this.

Latest posts

Back