BO15 Ratcumbent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt get to work on the bike at all today, instead I thoroughly cleaned my garage, through out a bunch of crap and made some much needed room. Tonight a friend texted me to remind me of the local cruise was tonight so I took a break to check out some really nice cars. I happened to spot this 32 and I hope he is there next month so I can get some pics of my finished bike next to it
C695E2DA-925C-498B-9267-5D75733D418D.jpeg

This morning, I repacked the axles and got the puncture resistant tube in the front. I went to ACE for thinner bolts and washers so I can accessorize the hubs. It works for the front but I need even skinner for the back to add everything. In the mean time, I think the green and white combo goes great together

And for those of you following the E Bucket build, I tried editing the title like I did here and pretty sure I deleted it instead. I did it on my phone and it was so small, i couldnt read it well enough

Since I dont get to leave the house any more for the day, I have to call it quits for the day. I need another hardware run to Ace to finish tidying up the rear end. As you can see the rack does not come down centered over the axle but Im going to call it good. Everything plays nicely together
8E3A04BE-4624-4B33-9403-67B109D49DD1.jpeg

Just went and searched your threads, couldn't find the E bucket, only Rat-cumbent and Old English. If you accidentally deleted, perhaps Head Honcho can restore it. @Rat Rod you out there?

This is dressing up pretty ding dang cool.

I stopped at Ace On the way home and got my hardware issues worked out for the rear wheel, fender and rack. My bracket for the front of the rack didnt work so I have a different one in the works. The kickstand is at work soaking in paint stripper that doesnt seem to be affecting it at all, it might be a powder coat. If so, its off to the wire wheel at lunch tomorrow. And for the seat covering, I have made contact with someone and waiting to hear an estimate and ship them off. I have all of the cables and white cable housing but Im going to wait for the seat and see exactly where I want the brake levers and shifters to sit Before I start rigging it. Its gonna be worth the wait to have everything just right. There is still plenty of time
A2B3F413-5147-48C5-BC1B-A5A1993FDE87.jpeg

Diggin' the overall vibe you have achieved on this JP! That paint is perfect for this, and I just noticed the cool hub caps! I'm going to say that if Schwinn or Columbia or one of the other big boys would have made a recumbent in the '60s, it would have looked like this. :cool:

I can't remember what you are doing with the seat, but if it manages to come close to the look of everything else you have going, you've nailed this !

Seat back and bottom were dropped off at the upholstry shop today. Picked out a nice color combo and stitching pattern. Once they come back, I have everything else needed for reassembly. The kickstand was worked on for a little at lunch today.
FC8BE9F1-ED9C-43ED-A9B3-20E3A61B635F.jpeg
5D109EEB-209F-4E17-8740-441C4A28C974.jpeg

Yes, and there might even be another one in the current build off. Who it was /is, now that's another question.

After another lunch break at the wire wheel, I got the black mostly off. There is a channel on the back that I cant get to and paint stripper wont touch it. Im going to call it done for now and might try to strip it after the build off if it bothers me. Im going to try to get it on the bike tonight so I can get it on the ground.

1244D4EB-9F2A-4363-BB2B-57537C30D68E.jpeg

Latest posts

Back