BO15 Ratcumbent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last thing I wanted to really fit was the kickstand. Not a fan of the new Nuvo, very flimsy for the weight being put on it. Going to stick with the stock black greenfield unless I can find an all silver side mount. When we stop, I dont want to have to worry about it falling over, I need a sturdy stand and theres no place for a double leg or other type of stand to be mounted
2ACED26F-FD88-43B6-B58C-7333644E6AF2.jpeg

Ratcumbent has been put on hold. I found a local powder coater to strip and recoat it but he was going on vacation. In the mean time, I started another recumbent overhaul in the builds forum. It is called The E Bucket. I am transforming a Bike E and Im having as much or more fun than this build
24784D2A-9469-4D1C-A811-E1DF0F433BC6.jpeg

Time for a second Build-off then? :cool:
If I finish them both in the time allowed, it would be great to put both in the finished builds section. I look at other threads when I have an idea to see if it works or not. And I see that several people are doing more than one at a time

So I picked the color today. Its going to cost more than what I originally paid for the bike and will be worth every penny. It has to be sandblasted and then powdered a silver aluminum first and then the transparent green can be applied over it.. OH Im so excited Going to disassemble the bike over the weekend and take it in Monday or Tuesday
1F47EAF8-612B-4098-939E-427CE4AC48B7.jpeg
CB449EAC-8B24-45E0-8496-1249A31A19A6.jpeg

If I finish them both in the time allowed, it would be great to put both in the finished builds section. I look at other threads when I have an idea to see if it works or not. And I see that several people are doing more than one at a time

You can't have but one finished build in a given class, so just enter one in Class 1 and the other in Class 2. That is what was suggested pre-build off.

Killer green

You can't have but one finished build in a given class, so just enter one in Class 1 and the other in Class 2. That is what was suggested pre-build off.
Hmmm. I did modify the frame to make the tire fit. But it wouldnt stand a chance against the crazy stuff being made. Im ok if it doesnt get to enter, I thought about waiting for the muscle bike build off but want to get it done.

Keep it running in the Other Builds section if need be.

Paint looks good! Def more 'muscly'. And as long as you keep that RAT banner hanging behind it, nobody will mistake it for a stock production model from the factory. :grin:

Latest posts

Back